Wednesday, February 1, 2012

POMEGRANATE SEEDS, GESTATION, CREATIVITY DURING PERIODS OF DARKNESS

GESTATING. While waiting for what is next, I draw. Working full-time at the Georgia Tech Language Institute diminishes my drawing time. Patiently, I meditate each morning...making the marks I can in the moments allowed me before I leave to teach my international students--many of them inspiration for the drawings I make in the morning. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)






Recently, I have started a new habit! As I sit down to draw, I put in a CD of Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Numerous times, have I listened to "The Creative Fire: Myths and Stories about the Cycles of Creativity." One the central myths she talks about is Persephone's journey to the underworld and her becoming the bride of Hades while her mother Demeter suffers above. Dr. Estes explanation of this myth is rich and merits repeated listenings. I would like to blog more about my understanding of this myth in the future when I return from my visit to the underworld. 


That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul Blog with me! Tell me of your creativity journeys. What do you know of the underworld? Of Clarissa Pinkola Estes?



No comments:

Post a Comment