Saturday, August 4, 2012

BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD: I AM A SMALL PIECE OF THE BIGGER PICTURE

STEPPING OUT TO WHAT IS NEXT: I am a seed growing into my TREE OF LIFE. As I emerge from the darkness of not knowing myself, I see the that "I am because you are; you are because I am." How wonderful it is that we are all connected in this vast universe of a gazillion possibilities! (art by Hallelujah Truth)
PILGRIMS--NOW. BE HERE NOW!  And know that each of us is a small piece of the larger fabric of life and that what we do at this MOMENT really matters! One of the best movies of 2012, "Beasts of the Southern Wild," has this message as a major theme. 

In the community of coastal Louisiana called Bathtub, six-year-old Hushpuppy learns how she fits in this vast universe by the movie's end. At first, she thinks she is responsible for breaking something both on a miner scale (her father's life) and something on a really huge one (the earth with its rising flood waters engulfing her home located offshore from New Orleans and surrounded by levees). "I broke it," she repeats again and again. 

Ironically, her dying father keeps emphasizing "I'm in control," something his daughter doubts at a gut level. After surviving a cataclysmic flood and the death of her father, Hushpuppy realizes that she is only a small part of a large world but that each individual action matters. 


Mark Nepo in "The Book of Awawkening" quotes a phrase from African culture, "Ubuntu." It is translated to mean this: 

I AM BECAUSE YOU ARE;YOU ARE BECAUSE I AM.




Fellow SOJOURNER, we are meant to LIVE our LIVES now. What  are YOU waiting for? I need you to BE the individual SOUL that is your DESTINY'S CALLING. The more each one of us ENGAGES in NURTURING the TRUTH of our SEED, the sooner we all will benefit from the FRUIT of our  loving labors! 


I can't help but think that if we are taking care of our SOULS that the resulting HEALTH allows us to expand our CARETAKING to the EARTH. If we learn how to take care of ourselves, we will know how to CARE for MOTHER EARTH.


If you haven't seen "Beasts of the Southern Wild," you are in for a visual feast and a SPIRITUAL experience. And you will better understand "Ubuntu":


I AM BECAUSE YOU ARE;YOU ARE BECAUSE I AM.


That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul Blog with me and let me know what is your SEED's MISSION, what are you waiting to bring to FRUITION? What is your JOURNEY like? How are you healing yourself so you can heal the EARTH?

JOYFUL LOUNGING WITH DINOSAUR ON MY HEAD. I am here relaxing because I, HALLELUJAH TRUTH, have met the BEAST of my SOUTHERN WILD. I a PILGRIM of the state of Georgia, USA, have completed a four-year project by publishing, along with Ron Shaklee, "The Misadventures of Maria the Hutia." Illustrating this story had seemed like an impossibility four years ago, but I met MY SOUL and SHE ANSWERED with this: NOW! DO THIS WORK NOW. And I have and HALLELUJAH...I have borne FRUIT of the SPIRIT! I am ready for what is next, NOW!
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
Clarissa Pinkola Estes for her lesson on Late Bloomers in her Dangerous Old Woman series
Jeffrey Kiehl and his lesson on "souling" that I wrote about in a previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment