Monday, October 22, 2012

BLOGTOBERFEST12 (DAY #22): STOPPING AND BREATHING, FEELING WHERE I REALLY AM AND THE UNIVERSALITY OF IT ALL

OPENING THE DOOR. In order to stop and breathe and "see" who I REALLY AM requires me to "open the door" and to look beyond the superficial. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)

Hallelujah for Kat's BLOGTOBERFEST12 on her blog, "I Saw You Dancing." Nothing like blogging every day to get in the FLOW OF BEING! Todays' prompt comes after Kat looks into what she values about Lily Brett's book, Lola Bensky. For those of us living in the northern hemisphere, Lily Brett is an Australian born New York based author. To learn more about both the book and author, check out Kat's blog and the video interview with Lily Brett that I have embedded below.




OKAY, SO HERE IS KAT'S PROMPT:
"Today, as you're going about your everyday business, I invite you to take a moment to stop, breathe and really feel where you are. And know that your struggles (however small or huge or idiosyncratic or unbelievable), as well as your joys (however crazy or fleeting or majestic or domestic), are universal and eternal."

Stopping and breathing means opening the DOOR to my SOUL and LOOKING IN. "Do I need to make a SHIFT" in my way BEING at this moment? BREATHING. CHECKING. Right now, the DOOR looks like a BLACK HOLE, one with a great appetite. I am hungry for more SLEEP, for more KNOWLEDGE, for more LOVE, and for all of THAT which goes into RECKONING with the DESIRE to be successful at what I do.

In addition to being a VISUAL ARTIST, I am an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher returning on this day for the beginning of a new eight-week session at the Georgia Tech Language Institute. I hunger for my new blogging class to be fantastic, and for the Improv-ESL class to be dynamic as I teach it for the third time. Before the winter holiday, I will also be completing a semester-long course in American Pronunciation and Advanced Oral Communication for graduate students enrolled in a course from the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning.  

Who am I in all of this ESL teaching while being an ARTIST? I AM represented by this image on the left. I have the foundation of more than twenty years of teaching ESL and making ART. Yet, at the same time, I am standing at the DOOR of BEING and seeking ways to continue GROWING up and out and down and under. That is WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW. Is this thrust toward perpetual growth eternal and universal? In  me, YES. The shift I want to make is to EMBRACE and ENJOY the appetite and the challenge of it ALL.  And you FELLOW PILGRIM? What about you? Who are you right now and what shift do you need to make?

That's Coffee with HallelujahSOUL BLOG with me and let me know WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment