Saturday, February 23, 2013

CHASING THE DANCE OF LIFE: Hallelujah studies FLOW through the movement of dance and mentors

HALLELUJAH FOR THE DANCE OF LIFE! Thank you to the mentors of movement in my life, Lesly Fredman, Lori Teague, Gabrielle Roth, Cynthia Winton-Henry! (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for the celebration of life through DANCE! Although I have just started reading Cynthia Winton-Henry's book, Chasing the Dance of Life: A Faith Journey, I am delighting in Cynthia's splendid self-proclamation as being peculiar and different but fully HERSELF. 

At the beginning of her first chapter, "Fire in My Flesh," she shares a quote from Flannery O'Conner, "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd."

It this TRUTH that I seek to find and practice. Who is afraid of BEING ODD?  Especially if this ODDNESS brings the comfort of self-knowledge and membership to the tribe of ODD-ONES! We ODD ONES are not alone after all (This thought makes me burst out laughing!).

As I spin about dancing "waves" in Gabrielle Roth's Five Rhythms, I am releasing life-long negative memories and current stresses both work related and personal. By dancing and releasing, I am opening myself to a new way of being and possibilities! This is FLOW!

In this FLOW, I am experiencing what Gabrielle Roth calls the Divine Feminine, which is comprised of the trinity: mistress, mother, and madonna! To help her readers and dancers embody this Divine Feminine Trinity, Gabrielle Roth provides "To-Do (or not to do) Lists" for creating parties for the mistress, mother, and madonna in her book, Sweat Your Prayers

Dear FELLOW ART PILGRIM, will you join me for a party celebrating the MOTHER? Here is Gabrielle Roth's "To-Do" list for the Mother Party:

"Give a party to nurture the senses. Invite your friends to dress in their most flowing attire and bring their favorite comfort foods and sweets--macaroni and cheese, chicken soup, blintzes, bread pudding, pies of all kinds.

As your guests enter, anoint them with scented oils. Play flowing sensual music. Set up a massage corner for foot and hand massage. Make sure you have incense, flowers, candles, refreshing liquids--everything you need to create a nurturing environment."
 --Gabrielle Roth, Sweat Your Prayers


FLOW OF THE MOTHER! (art by Hallelujah Truth)

I too am chasing the DANCE OF LIFE! That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Please RSVP regarding the Mother Party! I am looking to celebrate having found the TRUTH and want to commune with my tribe of ODD-ONES!

No comments:

Post a Comment