Friday, March 15, 2013

RANDOM FINDINGS OF THE SOUL'S EXPRESSION: Art found outdoors in Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas



CREATIVITY IS EVERYWHERE! Seek and you will find the expression of someone's SOUL everywhere you go. Open your eyes. Journey down streets of new cities to see what expression you can discover of the inhabitants' creativity.  I found this image traveling down from the closed National Art Gallery of the Bahamas in Nassau, New Providence, to the beach! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah Pilgrims! Today, I am celebrating being the SOUL'S ADVOCATE! And for me SOUL is expressed through CREATIVITY! Wherever I JOURNEY in this life, I search for evidence of the SOUL'S EXPRESSION! 

In the first week of March, 2013, I TRAVELED to the island of New Providence for the very first National Natural History Conference of the Bahamas. Along with Sandy Voegeli, a dear friend, master diver, environmentalist, and educator, I, Hallelujah Truth, spoke for the vital role that art can play in developing environmental stewardship (see blog, Guardian Angel Project).

Busy with this natural history conference, I had no time to see the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas, which was a 5-minute walk from my hotel, until the last day. BUT!!! The museum was closed because of a funeral of a well-loved former commissioner of the police taking place across the street!
CLOSED NATIONAL ART GALLERY OF THE BAHAMAS!  When the obvious source of CREATIVITY is "closed," it is an opportunity to open our eyes WIDE and SEEK the presence of the SOUL in the "ordinary." (Photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Presented with a closed source of obvious CREATIVITY, I summoned courage as the SOUL's ADVOCATE! First, I invited myself through the partially opened car gate to examine the garden sculptures!

ARCHANGEL, WELLINGTON BRIDGEWATER!  Wellington Bridgewater, considered an "intuitive" artist, is self-taught and expresses his prophetic visions. He is the first Bahamian to display his work in New York city's American Folk Art Museum. The National Art Gallery of the Bahamas is extremely fortunate to have several of his sculptures in its gardens! (Photo by Hallelujah Truth)
QUEEN OF JUNKANOO, NICK "THE COPPER KING" AUSTIN!  Hallelujah for creative expression of important celebrations. This Queen of Junkanoo was hand crafted in Nick Austin's backyard! (Photo by Hallelujah Truth)



What a beauty this copper Queen of Junkanoo is!



Slipping through the gates of the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas and past the police assembling for the funeral, I tumbled down the hill towards the crystal blue waters of Nassau's beach, asking myself this question: "What can I discover of the SOUL's energy expressed through ART on the streets?" Here is my answer!





RANDOM FINDINGS OF THE SOUL'S EXPRESSION! (all photos by Hallelujah Truth)
Dear fellow Pilgrims! We are all on a JOURNEY! We can absolutely find what we are SEEKING if we develop the "right" attitude and open our eyes! What do you think of my random findings of the SOUL'S EXPRESSION in Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas, March 2013? What are you SEEKING? What will you discover? 

SOUL BLOG with me at COFFEE with HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment