|RITUALS FOR EASING INTO A CREATIVE PROJECT. Hmmmmmm. That's an excellent question! In the past I've been fortunate enough to have a group of creatives to support my projects. The Artist Conference Network has a wonderful structure for helping set quarterly goals in a formalized way. Currently, I'm taking a break from this supportive organization. Then I had the privilege of working with Lesly Fredman, a creativity coach, for a number of years. Having Lesly "hold" the creative space for me felt sacred and we had our rituals. Now, on my "own," I' not sure that I have created a "way" into my creative projects. Wow! I can create one now!|
INTO A PROJECT
(with another creative person present and ideas being culled from InterPlay forms)
1. Dance on behalf of the creative idea.
2. Invent as many possibilities for how this idea could manifest itself.
3. Dance again this time using the InterPlay form, DT3--or dance talk three times, allowing the words to flow from the movement brainstorming about my new creative project.
4. Notice what I'm experiencing and take notes.
5. Discuss with the creative person who has been "witnessing."
6. Tell a story about this project in three minutes.
7. Develop a goal or goals and incremental steps to achieve them.
8. Dance, pray or sing...
|RITUALS HELP ME FIND MY WAY INTO CREATING|
|HALLELUJAH TRUTH! Being present to myself each day as I draw and write is part of my daily ritual. I repeat the mantra: NOT GOOD. NOT BAD. JUST IS. I also repeat: WE ARE NOT ALONE. And yes, I praise myself and my quest for truth: HALLELUJAH TRUTH.|