Sunday, December 15, 2013

REVERB13 ( DAY #15) Reveling in the senses and being reawakened

ON BEING SENSUAL IN 2013. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for the SENSES! Hallelujah for being INFORMED through your BODY!

The prompt from Kat McNally's Reverb 13 (Day #15) is exciting: 

Give us a sensory tour of 2013. How would you describe the year that’s passing in terms of: Sight? Sound? Smell? Taste? Touch?

Dear fellow SOJOURNERS, I'm absconding with this prompt and plopping it into one big Hallelujah word: SENSUALITY!

YES to being SENSUAL, to being PHYSICAL and learning from all that is FLESH! As a woman of 55, I am not concentrating on sexual sensuality (although let's not exclude that!) but rather on being EMBODIED...noticing what my body is telling me, asking of me, and giving me.

2013 was a momentous year for me moving into my aging body with joy and experiencing a new kind of pleasure--UNCONDITIONAL LOVE! I experienced this newfound love for myself through creative movement--DANCE (found in Dancing Flowers for Peace, Five Rhythms, Dance Church, and InterPlay)! So after going through menopause, I have gained weight and my joints are cranky! What does my body need? What do I need? I am listening! I want to DANCE!
EXPERIENCING BEING SENSUAL IN 2013. The Dancing Flowers for Peace gave me the opportunity to inhabit my aging body, moving and listening to what it was telling me. Pictured here with my arms upraised, I am celebrating ACCEPTANCE of ME. I need to move more regularly, getting up from my drawing table. I hunger to spin and swing to music. I long to raise my arms up in joy and all embracing love.  (Photo by Lynn Manfredi)
What has happened from this UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for my body and its senses--A REAWAKENING--no more, no less...and I'm excited about where this reawakening will lead me in 2014!

REACHING WITH THE SENSES INTO 2014.  (Photo by Lynn Manfredi) 

That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me and share the highlights of your sensuality for 2013.
GROWING FROM BEING EMBODIED.  A word about this painting: I painted this image 10 years ago in 2013 when I was working on a series of 100 images of naked women in all sizes, shapes, and colors. Here, this image has been "inverted" on Photoshop. The original is pictured above but has also been Photoshop using the "sponge" option. I am attached to this image with the tree growing out of the dancing woman's head. Sometimes I think that my art is "visionary" sending me messages of what I need to know. (Art by Hallelujah Truth) 

8 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Love this post and your words of wisdom, "on being EMBODIED...noticing what my body is telling me, asking of me, and giving me."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the multiple YESES Christine about being embodied. I am glad that I am sharing this journey about body wisdom with you.

      Delete
  2. Sensuality. Such a great word and such a wonderful way to approach the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was slightly risky to use the word "sensual" but thought that I would reclaim this wonderful word for being embodied, which is more than about experiencing erotic love.

      Delete
  3. I think you have embodied the perfect way re awaken your life with singing, dancing and being sensual in all ways possible.. an uninhibited celebration of life to it's fullest. You are a joy to know!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene--I appreciate your sharing this journey with me and giving me courage to celebrate life to its fullest!

      Delete