Monday, January 20, 2014

GOING TO THE ALTAR OF SELF: Massaging my anxiety about meaningful work and money

ALTAR OF SELF. My anxious words about creating meaningful work and making money flow from my mouth. Then I take them like flowers and place them at the ALTAR OF MYSELF. There I can acknowledge my concerns. I can bless these worries and pray for them. Hallelujah! (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for CHANGE! Hallelujah for riding the crest of the wave that is CHANGE! Hallelujah for ALTARS OF SELF on which we can place our concerns and fears relating to this CHANGE!

As I design MONUMENTAL TASKS for myself--creating a new livelihood (English Language Coach, Creativity Consultant, and Artist) and all of its accoutrements (website, business cards, licenses, clients), I am taking incremental steps and celebrating them (see this blog). At the same time that I am taking careful calculated steps, one at a time, I am experiencing anxiety about all of this CHANGE.
COMPANIONSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF SELF. Integrated in my sense of self are feline characteristics both real and imagined. Since I inhabit a relatively small living space with my cats Tao and Sapelo, they have become to represent ME-NESS. They approach my desk with tentative inquiries. They rub against me lovingly, yet at surprising moments, they flex their claws and take a swipe at me! I am curious about how I might increase the LOVE while decreasing the surprise attacks. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
As I create the stage for the next dramatic interlude in my life, I desire to serve my HIGHER SELF. This HIGHER SELF is ALTARED and expressed in prayer, contemplation, dance, writing, art, and cats!

Through these acts of self-devotion, I massage my anxiety about establishing meaningful work and making money. I ride the crest of the wave of CHANGE, leaving behind the past, being in the moment, unthinking about the future.
MASSAGING MY ANXIETY BY ALTARING IT. My drawing and painting is my meditation. Art making is my prayer. Art is my altar place of self and salvation! (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and share your ideas about CHANGE and the ways that you honor yourself in this moment!

2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! LOVE this blog and how much it resonates with me - I'm hoping you picked this as one of your "cards" so it can help me with my journey and meditation around these issues. <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine! How wonderful it is to have a friend like you sharing this journey with me! Let's ALTAR OUSELVES!

    ReplyDelete