Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BLOGTOBERFEST13 (Day 15) Egg toothiness, getting out of a tight situation

EGG TOOTH. Once upon a time, there was a baby American oystercatcher who was in a "crazy, cramped position" and had to find her way out of the egg she had entered this life in. Her "egg tooth" enabled her to crack into another dimension. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
SKETCH OF EGG TOOTHINESS.
Hallelujah for "egg toothiness"! Because we all need a way to "break out" of a tight situation some times, wouldn't an "egg tooth" be a great thing to possess?

Or at least, now, we can use "egg tooth" as a new metaphor. For example, when giving advice to a friend who needs to make some major changes in her life, you could say, "I  think you need to use a little bit of an 'egg tooth' in this situation. You need to crack out of the known situation. Get some fresh air, try some aerial yoga, eat pumpkin rum raisin cake, go birding on the Georgia coast. In fact, so observe American oystercatchers! In other words, rely on your "egg toothiness."
ABSTRACTING EGG TOOTHINESS. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Today, I succeeded in sketching a few images from the fantastic photos of American oystercatchers hatching out of their shells that my amazing collaborator Jen Hilburn, an ornitholoigst, sent me from her work on St. Catherines Island, Georgia.  

Right now, I'm only sharing one image with you but stay-tuned more for more tomorrow, and possibly some of the photos once I get permission from Jen to share them with you.
WINE, SAPELO, AND AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHERS. (Photo by Tony Martin)

That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me. Tell me how you might use the phrase "egg tooth," or about your own "egg toothiness."

1 comment:

  1. I love the help you are getting in our kitty...and the fortifying from the glass of wine I hope...

    I think sayings for the future must come of little things like blogs... "I think you need to use a little bit of an 'egg tooth' in this situation."...I can just hear it now..."She sure used her egg tooth that time"...

    Love your blogs...learn so much and enjoy always.

    ReplyDelete