Friday, February 28, 2014

HEIGHTENED EXPERIENCER OF LIFE: Day two traversing the streets of Raleigh, North Carolina


CITY SCAPES CAN MAKE ME WEEP. How beautiful are the intersecting lines here? Just yesterday, I waited here for the free bus that ventures around the city of Raleigh in about 20 minutes. I saw this space only with anxious eyes while I worried about where I was going and how I would manage a day on my own in a new city. Today, I am the experienced traveler of Raleigh. Today, the city reveals another layer of being to me. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for practicing the "art of looking and seeing." Hallelujah for thinking inventively and for living one's life as if it were a heightened experience! That is what I do! I am the HEIGHTENED EXPERIENCER OF LIFE.
THE HEIGHTENED EXPERIENCER OF LIFE. This selfie was taken right outside of the Sheraton Hotel. I exited the building from a different door and whoosh--the experience of the city was different! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
THE DIFFERENCE A DAY CAN MAKE. Yesterday, Sir Walter Raleigh was wearing a taffeta skirt. Today, the skirt is at his feet! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
I am blogging twice in the same day in order to share more photos of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the way I spent my time solo, traversing the boundaries of self. 
KINESTHETIC APPRECATION. My body inhales the city of Raleigh. The cold air, the concrete beneath my booted feet, my pocketed hands, and my squinting eyes. Behold magnificence! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
ENCOUNTERING SPRING.  (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
ANOTHER VIEW OF THE GLOBE. How exciting to stay in a city long enough to see its sites from different perspectives. Walking is such a joyful way to view a city's heart and soul! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
ECSTATIC EXCLAMATION. In this one image, look how much of our sophisticated beautiful planet is conveyed! The bones of an enormous veterabrate are pictured behind an artistic rendering of a synaptic vesicle, "a tiny structure deep inside each nerve cell that stores and releases neurotransmitters." (photo by Hallelujah Truth)

RESEARCH IN THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCES . My Chiboogamoo takes a break from his Science Online Conference 2014 to answer ichnological questions that colleagues at the museum! For me, where was the joy and amazement found? It was manifold! First of all, I got to go into the collections in the basement of the museum, how awesome is that? Then I transformed myself from single tourist into the wife of a paleontologist who documents his scientific activities. I am the promoter of one of the best ichnologists in the United States and possibly the world! Finally, one of my greatest pleasures is meeting the colleagues of my husband, and today I got to meet Chris Tacker and Trish Weaver, really nice geologists/paleontologists. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
SEEKING THE NEXT ADVENTURE A PIED. After eating lunch with Trish Weaver (my beloved Chiboogamoo had returned to his Science Online Conference), I returned to the streets of Raleigh, reading my map and seeking out galleries. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
See this blog, to engage in part two of my day at the North Carolina Museum of Art!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! And the way I chose to envision my day in the streets of Raleigh. Inventively speaking. SOUL BLOG with me and tell me about your experience of living life inventively--putting the ummmpphhh in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment