Saturday, August 31, 2013

AUGUST MOON 2013 (Day #11): Celebrating the revolution through doughnuts and full moons

 
HALLELUJAH FOR REVOLUTIONS! (photo by Tony Martin)

Hallelujah for the REVOLUTION of the WHEEL, of GLORIOUS MOTHER EARTH, of MOONS that wax and wane!

Today's last prompt for August Moon 2013 is CELEBRATE!
--Kat and Meredith

As the summer is closing, coming to the end with this last day of August, I am going to purchase a REVOLUTION doughnut! I've been hankering for one all summer, but they seem so decadent and lovely, seductive, rich, and caloric. Not cheap either!
REVOLUTION DOUGHNUTS. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
But when I got to thinking about CELEBRATING  a moment in time, the end of a moon phase, and the beginning of another, I thought how perfect REVOLUTION doughnuts would be for my CELEBRATION to the last day of the AUGUST MOON.
FULL BLUE AUGUST MOON 2013. (photo by Tony Martin)
Since I'm a visual artist, I began thinking visually and thought the roundness of a doughnut in a photo would look great with the image of the full moon we experienced on St. Catherine's Island, Georgia, at the beginning of this blogging journey, August Moon 2013.
THE WHEEL, THE FULL MOON, A REVOLUTION DOUGHNUT! (photo by Tony Martin)
The CIRCLE, the WHEEL of our lives, revolving. Excitement surges up through me at the thought of REVOLUTIONS of circles creating SPIRALS--our lives, returning to memorable mental points or physical geographical spaces. We see all of these anew as we RE-see them from the journey of another REVOLUTION.
 
COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE PARTICIPATING IN THE REVOLUTION OF THE DOUGHNUT (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Dear readers, Pilgrims, we all REVOLVE, wax and wane, circling around important emotional issues and revisiting sacred places. At each turn of the wheel, in the evolution of our whirling, giddy lives, we have the chance to celebrate the REVOLUTION of the SELF.

That is what I am doing today! Hallelujah for the REVOLUTION!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me how you are celebrating yourself today, this last day of August. My REVOLUTION DOUGHNUT was delicious and fulfilling! Here's to you all!
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS. As always thanks to my husband, Tony Martin, a dear faithful companion sharing my revolutions with me. Thank you so much to Kat and Meredith for conceiving the idea of blogging the last eleven days of August, beginning with the full moon. It's been fun and revolutionary! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)

6 comments:

  1. Wow..they must be good if you have to wait in line for a donut...Thank you for writing all these wonderful blogs celebrating this full moon cycle...I have enjoyed every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, it has been so meaningful for me to journey with you during the 11 days of the August moon. I got to know you better and felt very supported by your comments. Thank you for reading and responding. That is what I had imagined SOUL BLOGGING with like-minded souls would be like. I hope I am as supportive of you and your endeavors Soul Sister!

      Delete
  2. It has been wonderful to read all of the August Moon posts even though I have been playing catch up. I am so glad to read this today and will be celebrating the revolutions too - I just said this to someone who was worrying about being repetitive - I am particularly so - we keep spiraling back again and again until we learn. Or not. I have so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thanks for highlighting the SPIRAL! I love the opportunity to "revolve" back to "issues" and see how the experience I gained helps me execute the "scene" differently! Best to you and your SPIRALS and friends that SPIRAL.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm... donuts! Perfecto mundo.
    Thank you so much for sharing your marvellous musings during August Moon, Ruth. It's been a privilege to share the journey with you, as always.
    Looking forward to #reverb13!!
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat! I am not surprised that you like doughnuts! I bet your little one does too! Hope to be in touch between now and #reverb13. Thanks again.

      Delete