Thursday, August 29, 2013

AUGUST MOON 2013 (Day #9): Dancing the dance I intended

Hallelujah for moments to stop and PRIORITIZE! Today's August Moon 2013 Day#9 prompt has prioritizing as a focus:

There are only four months left of 2013. Have you accomplished your goals for the year? What do you need to prioritize to end the year on a high note?
 --Kat and Meredith

SEEKING ILLUMINATION.  In 2013, I fully expected to garner pleasure in the light found in darkness, of the pleasure experienced through the joy of finding a new the SELF that I AM. To appreciate LIFE spirals! To be a dizzy child on the dizzy ride of life! To dance into the unknown knowingly and joyfully.(photo by Tony Martin, Photoshopped by Hallelujah Truth)
REFLECTING ON GOALS MADE FOR 2013
Checking back on the goals I set in December 2012 (see Reverb12 posts), I am happy to discover that I am DANCING THE DANCE I had intended.


I DON'T KNOW.
WRITTEN ON DECEMBER 20TH, 2012
I consider it a privilege to be 54 and CURIOUS about what I DON'T KNOW. I must admit that I have been attached to thinking that being MATURE meant being respected for my acquired knowledge both professionally and personally.

However, I have been summoned by the BOGEYMAN or GOD or the HOLY WOMAN who is asking me to GUFFAW and relinquish being THERE at that MATURITY POINT {of needing to know everything}. 

Instead I will wrangle with the cowboys riding horses into horizons with setting suns, and sailors in ships raising sails with gushing winds blowing them to distant lands. {I will dance the dance of SOULS wherever and whenever.}

In 2013, I fully intend to enjoy my status as the one who curiously does not know any answers. In place of the answers, I will LAUGH JOYFULLY and seek others who want to do the same RIGHT IN THE FACE OF THE BIG QUESTION ASKER!

I have a new mantra (gratas of Elise Witt):
IN THESE TIMES
IN THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES
I WILL REMAIN OPEN 
TO THE MIRACLE OF
EACH MOMENT!

WRITTEN ON AUGUST 29TH, 2013 
Well dear readers and fellow pilgrims, I have succeeded going deeper into the unknown. And I am definitely shouting out "Hallelujahs" about the sheer boldness of resigning from my wonderful job as an ESL instructor at Georgia Tech, leaving the very supportive community of the Artist Conference Network, and stopping my art share group, The Spiritual Art Pilgrims. These activities were my anchors, my way of being me. But...

I needed to break from routine. I yearned to experience myself in a new way. In order to do this, I had to DANCE away from the known into the mystery of new involvements, new ways of making money, etc...

Right now, I am remaining open to the MIRACLE of EACH MOMENT.

TO END MY YEAR ON A HIGH NOTE?
To end my year on a high note, I want to LAUGH more, and LAUGH JOYFULLY since not knowing some times is scarey. I want to summon courage by being courageous. I want to be DANCING the HAPPY DANCE!
DANCING THE DANCE I INTENDED.  Although I am dancing the dance I intended for 2013, I want to amp things up. I want to dance a happy dance. REALLY JOYFULLY. That's what I am going to do to end my year on a high note! (photo taken by Tony Martin on St. Catherine's Island, North Beach, August 2013)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what your goals have been for 2013 and just how you are tending them. 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad I will be dancing a part of that with you at the "Secrets" Interplay retreat! At the beginning of the year my husband Joe and I resolved to Laugh more this year - we have been doing a good job so far and I love your reminder to finish the year on a high note!! So yea for dancing and laughing and playing separately and together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew from the first moment I met you that you were a joyful pilgrim. I feel so fortunate to be sharing the unknown with you as we move into InterPlay's "Secrets." It will be so much fun.

      Delete
  2. I could hear the change in you from the tone of your blogging..congratulations on making a huge life change and celebrating it so joyfully...Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, I appreciate the feedback about "tone." I'm not sure what it is that you are seeing as different. But I think it is fascinating that you "feel" the change. And I am taking in your good wishes for having fun!

      Delete
  3. Hello and thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog post!

    I can see, from this blog post and your previous post, that you are definitely experiencing some big shifts in relationships, especially since you have chosen to break away from some long standing support networks! Congratulations on taking these big leaps of faith and facing the unknown - it is not easy, I know! =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Creative Beast how wonderful it is to garner support in this blogging community. How is it that one can feel a need to change even if it "ALL is GOOD"?

      BIG LEAPS OF FAITH!

      YES! Dancing leaps! Big hugs!

      Delete
  4. That's the most fabulous mantra ever! Long may it serve and illuminate you, my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat thank you so much for spending your precious time reading our blogs, and my blog! You are one of the miracles that I am embracing.

    ReplyDelete