Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AUGUST MOON 2013: Intentionally being FULL as a pleasure seeking creative!


PLEASURE SEEKING CREATIVE, ST. CATHERINE'S ISLAND, GEORGIA, USA, AUGUST 2013 (photo by Tony Martin)

Hallelujah for the FULLNESS of the blue August moon 2013! It is full, and so am I! Two bloggers, Kat and Meredith, have challenged those of us in the blogging community to blog for 11 consecutive days at the FULLNESS of the 2013 August moon.
BLUE AUGUST MOON 2013, ST. CATHERINE'S ISLAND, GEORGIA. How thrilling it is to be on a barrier island on the Georgia coast with my husband, Chiboogamoo and his colleague and student during a full moon. How amazing it is to be starting a new creative project with the island ornithologist, Jen Hilburn. (photo by Tony Martin)
The first prompt begins today, August 21st, by asking "How have you treated yourself this year?" and "Have you kept your intentions?". Thank you Kat and Meredith! Let's get started!

During 2013, I have cultivated the following vision to direct my intention: 

I AM A PLEASURE SEEKING CREATIVE DANCING "YES" TO THE FLOWING CENTER OF THE CYCLE OF LIFE."

The phrase, "pleasure seeking creative," was an addition to my vision mid-year 2013. I added it in June when I began trying to solve this question: "Should I leave my job of almost 20 years to cultivate other skills and discover new arenas of connectivity and meaningfulness?"

As I am a SPIRITUAL ART PILGRIM on a joyful journey (that is what my blog, Coffee with Hallelujah, is all about), I find it imperative to experience joy. Therefore, in response to the prompt, "How have you treated yourself?", my answer is that I have sought pleasure and to increase my FULLNESS of life by jumping into the void of the UNKNOWN. I leave behind beloved colleagues, a supportive and creative director, and the most engaging and dedicated international students.

"Have I kept my intentions" (the other part of Kat and Meredith's prompt)? The answer is a resounding, "YES." My strongest intention for 2013 in addition to seeking pleasure, is TO KEEP MOVING, and I have....
WARMING UP WITH THE DANCING FLOWERS FOR PEACE. The Dancing Flowers invited me to their warmups on Saturday mornings before their rehearsals. Their creative movement is a gift as well as their warmth and generous spirits. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
I have been dancing with Five Rhythms, attending Dance Church, and doing creative movement with The Dancing Flowers for Peace. And, then, drum roll, I have consciously engaged with InterPlay after learning about it. More to follow about InterPlay in future blog entries. 

My FULLNESS associated with this FULL moon occurring in August is a result of seeking pleasure and consistent persistent movement. Hallelujah for blogging and reflecting which is allowing me to relish the ALL of my life. My life is AWESOME!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me about how you have been treating yourself in 2013 and have you been following your intentions.
BLOGGING WITH THE FULL MOON.  The FULL moon of August 2013 can be seen to the right of the photo, peeking over trees. How wonderful to blog about FULLNESS inspired by the FULL moon! (photo by Tony Martin)
 

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, Ruth, Kat and Meredith. I'll do a blog on fullness too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See See, I would love to see a blog post from you about FULLNESS. Your life seems so rich to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there! We're not too far apart -- I'm over here in Chickamauga, GA. Glad to have you along on the journey.

    ReplyDelete