Friday, August 9, 2013

ENGAGING WITH THE ORDINARY: Drawing to draw and being to be

ORDINARY EYES (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for engaging with the ORDINARY in my life! Right now more than ever before, the ORDINARY is an extraORDINARY visitor of mine, and I am engaged with making this ORDINARYness a regular member of my household.
AMEN TO MASCULINE ENERGY (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Good-bye to fear, hesitation, doubt, and any other saboteurs that make me question the nature or ORDINARYness of Ruth (aka Hallelujah Truth) and my image-making endeavors. I am who I am. I can be no one else. The images that you see here are ORDINARY for me. They are my language.

However, I must admit that what is ORDINARY to me, may be new or foreign to you. My ART PILGRIMAGE has taken me into the territory of expressing parts of my psyche in images which have developed collectively into "The Cosmos of Hallelujah."
For more than the past five years, I have dedicated myself to drawing every day. This blog, Coffee with Hallelujah, celebrates me and my dedicated ART PILGRIMAGE. In all of its ORDINARYness.

COMFORTED BY THE MYSTERY (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Through the ORDINARY practice of trusting my heart, I have invited people who I love into my life.  Through  the ORDINARY practice of being, I am engaged in activities that enliven and give me joy. I have become a pleasure seeker through the act of drawing ORDINARILY and being ORDINARY.
ENTERTAINING THE ORDINARYness OF MY SOUL (art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me and tell me how you have accepted the ORDINARYness of your journey. Many thanks to Callahan Pope McDonough for sharing the link to Ronna Detrick's blog entry on the topic of "ordinary" after our morning walk on the Atlanta Beltline this morning.

5 comments:

  1. What a great post and revelation on "The Cosmos of Hallelujah." I especially love that picture..It encompasses your 'whole' being. Looking forward to reading many more wonderful blogs from Hallelujah Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am celebrating the ease and ordinary that often becomes extraordinary with you Ruth. Key words for me GRATITUDE, EASE and JOY. Have a terrific ordinary, in the moment, ease filled, joy filled Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Darlene I appreciate your presence here on "Coffee with Hallelujah." I feel understood when you say that my image, Cosmos of Hallelujah, "ENCOMPASSES YOUR 'WHOLE'BEING."

    And Callahan! I am embracing gratitude, ease, and joy. Wishing you a joy filled Saturday and many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dear Ruth,
    I am doing the rounds this morning, visiting old friends and making new ones, inviting dear kindreds to join us for August Moon. http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    I know you are juggling so many things right now, but it would be so special if you joined us. Actually, it wouldn’t be the same without you. (So, er, no pressure!!)
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kat! It is so good to hear from you with another one of your marvelous offers for blogging in a community! Hurray! I plan on doing it! I will go to your website! I plan on sharing your offer!

    ReplyDelete