Monday, August 26, 2013

AUGUST MOON 2013 (Day #6): The Albuquerque Proposal--nadir and zenith

THE ALBUQUERQUE PROPOSAL. In 2013, it was possible that my husband, Chiboogamoo, and I move to Albuquerque. That is, it was a strong consideration and actions were taken to make that move happen. It is within "The Albuquerque Proposal" that lies the nadir and zenith of 2013 thus far. We did not move. (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for the ups-and-downs in our lives! Hallelujah for traversing from the mountain tops to the valleys and back up to the mountain top. It is these experiences of  highs-and-lows in juxtaposition to one another that informs our appreciation of THE GOOD TIMES!

For today's August Moon 2013 prompt (Day #6), Kat and Meredith have asked us bloggers to consider the zeniths and nadirs of 2013:

Where have the highlights and low points been for you so far in 2013? Where are you now? How would you like your year to end?

Since responding to this prompt thoroughly would be book length, I have chosen to discuss the results of a "move" that didn't happen and how that "failed move" --The Albuquerque Proposal--has served as both a nadir and zenith for me in 2013. 

The Albuquerque Proposal
THE PROPOSAL!  Let's move to Albuquerque!
Without going into too much detail, at some point in all of our lives, it is time to move on to new territories! Your current terrain has been explored adequately--even successfully, and--well--it is time to MOVE!

ZENITH (The Anticipation of The Albuquerque Proposal)
Both my Chiboogamoo and I have lived in the Atlanta area for more than 20 years and thought that in the prime of our lives (that beautiful transition time from summer to fall), we might benefit by going to Albuquerque! How exciting! Hurray! Hallelujah! A ZENITH proposed. A HIGHLIGHT. A JOURNEY INTO THE UNKNOWN, promising a new culture, climate, and way of being!
PENETRATING SOUL WALLS.  Nothing like anticipating a needed change--a move into the unknown.(art by Hallelujah Truth)
NADIR (The Disappointment of The Albuquerque Proposal)
After several months of striving to negotiate a move to Albuquerque, we found that we could not go there, not now. To say that I was disappointed, doesn't sum of the NADIR of that outcome. STAYING PUT became a VALLEY of unfulfilled hopes and dreams.

ZENITH (Reconsidering The Albuquerque Proposal)
Then I got to thinking along with my husband. Maybe I could jump into the unknown and pretend as if we were in fact, moving to Albuquerque! We would clean out our home, discarding everything that we aren't taking with us to our imagined Albuquerque! Additionally, I would leave my tried-and-true job of teaching English as a Second Language, and pursue another meaningful way of making money and social impact.

And that is what I am in the process of doing right now! I have successfully imagined a new way being right here in Atlanta, that is, with my husband's encouragement and support. This freedom to create CHANGE is a ZENITH.
CHANGE IS A ZENITH. I am seeing stars right now. The ones that we wish on when they appear to be falling in the heavens. I am speaking stars, the language of wishes. I am actively making my life what I want it to be by taking both the zeniths and nadirs of The Albuquerque Proposal and creating something fulfilling for me and my husband. (art by Hallelujah Truth)
How would you like your year to end?
At the end of 2013, my home will be re-invented, just as if my husband and I had just moved to Albuquerque! My new meaningful work will be gaining momentum and I will be assured of an ongoing income just as if I had reinvented myself in Albuquerque. Hallelujah!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what have been your ZENITHS and NADIRS for 2013? How would you like your year to end?
 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to imagine yourself moving to a new area and life and re-invent your life right where you are. Perhaps that is what I need to do to cleanse my environment and psyche. Re-invent! It seems to be working well for you...I can feel the exuberance in your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene! Your response gives me courage! I keep taking giant steps into what enlivens me, and yes--scares me. Thanks for being with me and giving me your support. I will encourage you to do the same if that is what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Darlene: reinvention! How freeing! xx

    ReplyDelete