Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I AM MY OWN SHAMAN, I AM MY OWN HEALER: Are you? Transforming the self through making and sharing art

I AM MY OWN SHAMAN  (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for ARTISTS, for those who hold life precious enough to elevate it through image, dance, music, word, and song. The ART of others has a way of appearing in our lives when we most need its message, or perhaps when our hearts and minds have become receptive to welcoming what that ART has to teach us.

Recently, a friend of mine and participant on the Facebook group, The Daily Creative Practice, posted a link to Sainkho Namtchylak singing these lyrics

I am a shaman of my life.
I am a healer of myself.
Don't forget your life is in your hands.
You are the shaman of, the shaman of your lives
You are the healers of yourselves.

Sainkho Namtchylak
Thank you Sainkho Namtchylak! 

We have ALL we need right here, right now in ourselves, to heal, to grow, to enact MAGIC. I am a SHAMAN. You are a SHAMAN.

Even as I search to find the answers to the questions I'm asking about my life right now (see this blog entry), these words of Sainkho Namtchylak remind me that while I seek information in the exterior world, my own interior world holds powerful information for me too. And SOLACE.
I AM MY HEALER

Yet, we need one another to share the COSMOS of our SOULs and the wisdom of our experiences. And to help us to connect with other WISE WOMEN like Sainkho Namtchylak. 

This kind of shared navigation is why I blog here at Coffee with Hallelujah. I want my voice to be heard by you. And before your listening,  I give myself permission to listen more closely to my voice while drawing and writing. Finally in this blogging process, I want you to communicate with me about your LIFE's FINDINGS and your MAGIC.

Patty Griffin's song, "Top of the World" is about people's failure to share their interior scapes with others. Her lyrics say:



MY LIFE IS IN MY HANDS
"There's a whole lot of singing that's never gonna be heard
Disappearing every day without so much as a word..."

and...

"I wish I'd have known you
I wish I'd have shown you
All of the things I was on the inside..."

Let's all agree to make ART, whatever it is that we need to CREATE to SING OUR SONG, and to HEAL OURSELVES


I AM THE SHAMAN OF MY LIFE (art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee With Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and share your song!

No comments:

Post a Comment