Tuesday, January 27, 2015

THE ETERNAL RETURN: Hallelujah for the Ouroboros

OUROBOROS HALLELUJAH! (image by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)
Hallelujah for YOUR PRESENCE my dear spiritual art pilgrims! Hallelujah for ETERNALLY RETURNING TO OURSELVES for new beginnings after old beginnings have ended! Hallelujah for the OUROBOROS!

EARLY ALCHEMICAL OUROBOROS (source: Wikipedia)
The OUROBOROS is an ancient symbol for renewal and rebirth, much like the phoenix, a mythical bird which ascends into flight, reborn from the ashes of its fiery death. The OUROBOROS also offers us the meaning of "feeding off of oneself," accepting the idea that we are the prime material with which to work--and play--during the length of our amazing human lives.

"Ouroboros Hallelujah," belongs to my "Protector" image series in which I am dancing with and exploring who my protector is and what her presence in my psyche means. Both figures in the  "Ouroboros Hallelujah" image represent me, Hallelujah, visionary artist. The one on the left is me as the parent and protector. The one on the right is me, the once uncertain child who is gaining confidence in relation to her protector.


The protector wears the "all seeing" and "all knowing" eye on her breast while the child wears a diadem of flowers symbolizing fertile growth and a sense of awe for life. The OUROBOROS embraces us both in a magical circle representing the cycle of life! We are part of the eternal rising and setting of the sun.

As I move forward into my life as an InterPlay Leader in the metro-Atlanta area, I feel all kinds of new spurts of growth and renewal. My protector and I are dialoguing. There are risks to take, and I am requesting the freedom to jump.

I would like permission to easefully fly, fail, succeed, live, and experience the joy of discovery. How sweet is change! Here is a link to my blog about my first offering as an InterPlay leader. How awesome it is to eternally return to ourselves as we grow and change!

That's Coffee With Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me where you are in the cycle of life and its eternal return!

No comments:

Post a Comment