Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MOVING TOWARD ABSTRACTION: Exploring the Soul in a New Way

DANCE FLOW. Here I am expressing the departure from emotion to the connection with the music through dance. I want to say, I am dissolved into the sound waves, the muscle waves,  the being waves.  I AM THE FLOW. (art by Hallelujah Truth)

Dear Pilgrims, what is ABSTRACTION? And just what is the value of this form of communication? Hallelujah Truth (me) values the representational images that comprise the symbols of her universe. While my symbols are "abstractions" of an idea, they are definitely recognizable shapes that viewers can name.

This is a snake.



This is a woman with flowers in her hair.












This is a woman in a burka.

GREAT GREEN MOTHER

These artworks of mine are not deemed "abstract." Is that correct? I am self-taught artist who makes images to develop the expression my SOUL by honoring the creative process.

So if I am to "move towards abstraction," as is the theme of this upcoming Women's Caucus for the Arts of Georgia, what would that mean for me the SOUL SEEKING HALLELUJAH TRUTH? Do I know how to make an abstraction and  what would it communicate from my SOUL to YOURS?

Let me explore...

In today's blog is the first image I made, moving towards abstraction.
DANCE FLOW INVERTED ON PHOTOSHOP. Just by altering the color, my image that I was associating with the flow of water becomes more like the flow of fire! How exciting! (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Is this abstract art? Or do I still need to separate myself from an identifiable eye, nose, mouth, flower, and leaf? What am I saying to you?

SOUL BLOG with me PILGRIMS! Tell me what you experience when looking at this image? Share with me what you know about ABSTRACT communications in art!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment