Sunday, September 9, 2012

IMAGINING THE MOTHER IN ME: A BIRTHDAY IMAGE FOR BEING WELL

MY MOTHER AND I GO ON AN ADVENTURE EVERY BIRTHDAY.  Art by Hallelujah Truth
Hallelujah for the JOURNEY! And for those moments or occasions that MARK the time. Today was my 54th birthday, and I have traveled a ways on my SPIRITUAL ART PILGRIMAGE. For four years now, I have lived boldly, jumping into the UNKNOWN of my own CREATIVITY. I go into my FEAR, clutching my HEART, knowing that taking risks is a bold, bold way to GROW.

At the end of July 2012, I celebrated a TRIUMPH--the publishing of "The Misadventures of Maria the Hutia." This book embodies my creative vision in 32 black and white images which illustrate a story about an endangered animal, a Bahamian hutia, written by Ron Shaklee. In the last four years, I have drawn images, painted them, and collected numerous tablets of watercolors of visions, thoughts, and emotions. I have blogged about science, travels, collaborating with my husband, the wonderful Tony Martin, and I have interviewed artists. LIFE HAS BEEN RICH and REWARDING since I turned 50 years old and ventured into the realm of BEING and acting from my HEART.

But what about MOTHER? I have the wonderful good fortune to have a living mother, but have found the need to plunge into my own BEING to cultivate something MATERNAL lacking in my daily life. And because I am a SPIRITUAL ART PILGRIM, I am charged with the honor and good will to discover solutions to the compelling needs I am confronted with. I LOVE ART because through creative endeavors, one can maintain sanity and health and go deeper and further into the richness of life.

As a result of my pledge to be authentic, to truly live, and to trust my intuitions, I have started diving into my heart to uncover my own mothering instincts. The mother you see above, is the MOTHER IN ME. When I awoke this morning, I waited in bed waiting for MOTHER to speak to me. She said, "Let's go wherever! It doesn't matter where! We will be together!" So I got up and drew this image. 

I am simultaneously the daughter and the mother. We are united in this drawing, and we went bowling today and had lots of fun! HALLELUJAH FOR THE IMAGINATION! Hallelujah for BEING WELL!

THE MOTHER IN ME TOOK ME BOWLING WITH FRIENDS! (photo by Chiboogamoo)
BOWLING WITH MY HONEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment