Thursday, September 13, 2012

PAUSING IN ORDER TO BE: INTEGRATING THE INNER WITH THE OUTER

PAUSING. (art by Hallelujah Truth)

Hallelujah for PAUSING. Who among us hasn't felt the frenzy of TIME storming overhead, demanding we run hither and thither seeking cover and then tending to the destruction once the squall is over? WHO ARE WE at that TIME?
FULLNESS, FRUITION, END OF SUMMER (art by Hallelujah Truth)

I am PAUSING from the busy-ness of my SUMMER before I step one toe into the approaching FALL. Already the temperatures are cooling and the mornings have prolonged hours of darkness. WHO AM I, now after the "allness" and "doneness" of the season of extended daylight hours and heat has concluded? Have I ripened? Are parts of me readying for FALL's harvest?
PAUSING, INTEGRATING THE OUTER WITH THE INNER (art by Hallelujah Truth)

I AM PAUSING....

It is time to retreat from the OUTER "scapes" of Atlanta, London, and St. Johns--highlights of my summer--and visit my INNER "scapes." It is in the terrain of ME that I rediscover the miracle of BEING here. Pulling in the OUTER and integrating it with the INNER.
BEING ME (art by Hallelujah Truth)

BEING. No need to surge ahead striving for new accomplishments. Instead I will be PRESENT to YOU, YOU, and what is here in front of me, and WHAT IS ME. NOW.

I WILL BE THE JOURNEY! That is Coffee With Hallelujah! Thank you for BEING with ME.

Acknowledgment: I continue to be thankful to Mark Nepo and his Book of Awakening. In his passage on "When Feeling Stuck," he quotes Rabindranath Tagore:

The same stream of life
that runs through the world
runs through my veins.

1 comment:

  1. Ideas often pop to the front of my brain during pauses in busyness. It's that world flow you speak of coursing through our veins plus quiet time that allows creativity to surface.

    ReplyDelete