Thursday, December 10, 2015

REVERB15 (Day 10) Radical act of practicing creativity

CREATIVITY MATTERS. CREATIVITY HEALS. Creativity is a radical act of transformation. This image is of me Hallelujah in the act of creating magic, transforming my present perceptions of the past. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for fostering LOVE and FORGIVENESS, which is part of my mission. It  is something I think about and try to practice each day. I have written about it in other blog posts (here and here). 

Today's REVERB15 prompt offers me the opportunity to write about a collaborative art project I participated in this past year that I experienced as a "radical act" in a healing exchange with my sister.

REVERB15 (Day 10) Prompt: When we heal our spirits the ripples are felt from the highest branches to the deepest roots of our family trees. What radical act of love or non-conformity did you embrace this year? How did performing this alchemy affect your ancestors and what is the gold waiting to be shared with future relations?
WHAT STORY DO YOU HAVE TO TELL ABOUT YOUR SISTER? My friend and fellow artist, Jesse Merle Harris Bathrick, upon discovering this book in a thrift shop, purchased it, and decided to create a collaborative project with women in the Atlanta metro-area. We were asked to choose a chapter or page in the book to tell our story about our sister (s). You can see her artwork regarding her sister peaking out of the edges of the book.
First of all, I love love love my sister--especially after completing this art project this past March and having a conversation with her about the story I told through image and word. Upon conclusion, I asked her forgiveness for being such a "bad" sister, and we had a discussion about our "sistership" that was alchemical for me, and I hope--for both of us.
ARTISTIC ATTEMPTS. After struggling with what I would say about my "sistership" in this Little Women project, I discovered the chapter, "Artistic Attempts," and found my voice around our relationship.

I've learned through my daily creative practice of image making to TRY, so when I discovered the chapter, "Artistic Attempts," in Little Women, I knew I had found my way into this collaborative project. I repeat the mantra, "Not good. Not bad. Just is." as I proceed in my creative work. If this methodology works for artmaking, couldn't it work for relationships? A radical thought for me combining both in one art project!

Being a younger sister was tough on me. In this blog post, I don't really want to go into my specific story, "ABYSSSSISTER," but I surmised that my experience was not only tough on me but everyone else. Hence, my joy in finally claiming what a disaster it felt like to me. 

In the improvisational system, InterPlay, we have an "exformation" tool that allows us to move information out of our bodyspirits. In this creative project, I gave myself the alchemical permission to say 


SSSSSSSSister, and...
ABYSSSSSSister, and 
draw a snake hissssssssssing it!

I laughed! 

Once all of that hissssssing sssssssister was out, I experienced FREEDOM to move forward....to choose a new way of being in relation to my sister. 
CREATE A NEW WAY OF BEING A SISTER (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me about your SISTER. Or your creative acts in transforming relationships.
WHAT's YOUR STORY?
 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful collabortive project and what a powerful process of shifting into new relationship. Snake energy is so transformation. I think it should be our Reverb15 totem for alchemy don't you?

    ReplyDelete