Tuesday, December 15, 2015

REVERB15 (Days 14 & 15) Pleasurable transformation through dance and visual art


TRANSFORMATION 2015. The top figure is how the Protector first appeared to me in my drawings. Hallelujah (me) is reclining at her feet and made vulnerable in her nakedness and surrendering posture.  (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for TRANSFORMATION and...PLEASURE! Today I will combine the two prompts below and write about PLEASURABLE TRANSFORMATION and cultivating more of it!

REVERB15 (Day 14) Prompt: What has changed? You? The world? It can be a change that happened this past year or one you're looking toward in the time ahead. It can be a broad sweep obvious to all or a more subtle shift that only you know about. Tell us about transformation.

REVERB15 (Day 15) Prompt: What small pleasures gave you moments of intense joy in 2015? What more could you cultivate in 2016?

TRANSFORMATION. 
I danced TRANSFORMATION in 2015. Regularly, I danced with my "flaps up," opening my heart wide to the world and then danced with my "flaps down," embracing myself and my personal inner world. 
FLAPS UP! TRANSFORMATION. Here Hallelujah has gained some perspective on her Protector. Dance has propelled her into her own creative sphere. Now the Protector is forced to change. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
While moving in dance, creating shapes, and holding stillness, I contemplated my "psychological" PROTECTOR, embodied HER, drew and painted HER, and TRANSFORMED both HER and another part of me, the ONE being PROTECTED.

This solo psychological dance and visual art PROTECTOR project  GREW and TRANSFORMED into a collaborative project with my friend, writer and dancer Lynn Hesse. She wrote a poem and created a dance about the archetypal mother and incorporating feminine animal images from my drawings and paintings. We named our performance piece, "Embody the Mother." (See this blog, BEGINNING THE DANCE: Embodying the Mother through performance with community as our witness)

Daily for several months, I painted 3 images a day on large newsprint paper after and inbetween dancing. Using brushes and then my fingers and the palms of my hands, I danced and painted my way to TRANSFORMATION. This process was immensely PLEASURABLE. I did it alone, then with my partner, and also within the structure of Fieldwork, refining our dance, poetry, and painting for performance with the observation of others. (See these blogs for those quickly painted images: here, here, and here.)

Through this CREATIVE process, I shifted psychologically in 2015. In InterPlay, we would say the shift occurred in my "bodyspirit," since we keep our body, mind, emotions, and spirit all together. My rather stern and restrictive PROTECTOR, softened, became malleable and let ME become MOTHER.
TRANSFORMATION AT THE CELLULAR LEVEL. A new dance has emerged. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Without more detail, this response to the REVERB prompts must sound rather vague and extraordinary. MOTHER SAYS, "That's okay. This is such an honest answer!" 

Cheers to LIFE's PLEASURES. May we all have the good fortune to TRANSFORM again and again.That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me about your transformations and pleasures. Can you combine the two words and tell me about a PLEASURABLE TRANSFORMATION?

2 comments:

  1. Pleasurable transformation... what a fantastic combination! And how exciting, to learn the new dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to PLEASURABLE TRANSFORMATION! Yes to new dances and how they help us celebrate the present while moving from the past to whatever is now and next!

      Delete