Sunday, July 8, 2012

AT THE DOOR: METAPHOR FOR SEEING YOUR BEING, YOUR STORY

WAITING AT THE DOOR




Why do you stay inside, when the door is so wide open? --Rumi




A DOOR FOR US. (All art by Hallelujah Truth)

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.

You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.

People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.

The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

From Essential Rumi

Hallellujah for doorways, for crossing thresholds and uttering prayers of gratitude for passages--for BEING in one's life! 


Mark Nepo writes in The Book of Awakening, " I find I must not suppress my full nature, or my life doesn't emerge." He urges us to open up as we tend the stories of our lives. If we want to experience the MYSTERY, we need to BE OPEN! For me, I visualize Mark Nepo's "open" as a door--a useful metaphor to understand transitions from one state of BEING to another.

 I'M GOING THROUGH THE DOOR

How wonderful that we go through doors every day many times! For now, each time I cross a threshold, I practice BEING OPEN. BEING PRESENT. I figure that day by day, week by week, and month by month, that I will know more about the MYSTERY OF BEING OPEN.
SEEING THE DOOR OPEN

YES! To walk through the door PILGRIMS, we don't have to be perfect or leave everything behind. Instead, snakelike, I can shed a skin and slither through! Or jump, crawl, dance...whatever way I move, I move towards BEING more AWAKE to MYSELF. May the same be for you!

HALLELUJAH! A DOOR FOR US! Join me and we shall go through the door, leaving what we can behind!



ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I lovingly acknowledge Edna Shipp for the inspiration that her "Door" series provided me in the drawing of one of my very own doors. Thank you Miss Shipp for the mystery in your door images! (Visit her blog (Shipp on Art) to see what I mean!)

1 comment:

  1. At the recent Mandala show at the Carlos Museum at Emory I learned that mandalas are often the "floorplans" of imaginative spiritual structures with rooms for growing and stairs for climbing up to towers through doors and windows. I like your imagery here...It is like a floorplan for going deeper.

    ReplyDelete