Tuesday, October 1, 2013

BLOGTOBERFEST13: Intentionality for the month of October

AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER EGG. The chick slowly develops in the egg for 28 days. (Art by Ruth Schowalter)
Hallelujah for a blogging community! Hallelujah for Kat McNally who I met last year online for Blogtoberfest12. And Hallelujah for Michelle who is hosting this year's Blogtoberfest13. The prompt for the first day concerns INTENTIONALITY!

WHAT ARE MY INTENTIONS FOR BLOGGING FOR THE 31 days of October?

I love this question! And I have an entire month to cultivate my response to it. I will start out this way--with an image!
INTENTION
As many of my readers might know, I am collaborating with Jenifer Hilburn, an ornithologist working on St. Catherine's Island, Georgia, on telling stories about the natural life using words and images. One of the stories we would like to tell is that of the life-cycle of the American Oystercatcher, a long-lived, orange-beaked, red-ring-eyed, black-and-white bird. 

Therefore, I would like to set as an intention, to develop a set of images to be used to illustrate the American Oystercatcher's life-cycle. This bird's gestation takes 28 days! Think! I have 31 days to gestate images of this fascinating lovely bird!

In addition to my image making of American Oystercatchers during the month of October, I would like to develop two websites (my own and one for Atlanta InterPlay) and create a business plan for my future.

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what your intentions are during the month of October! All support of my endeavors is greatly welcomed.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you are featuring the American Oystercatcher in your blog for october. It will be fun to watch it evolve.Good luck on your two websites. I know you will be successful in both...I want to live in Atlanta.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, I am inhaling your enthusiasm for my October intentions. I want and value support and encouragement--that is one of your many talents!

      I wish we lived closer so we could have coffee occasionally and see each others art in person!

      Delete
  2. You are such a blogging rock star!!! I love your intentions and I look forward to seeing your images and the websites. One of my intentions for my blog is to learn about and to add a widget, code, do-dad, etc as I learn about them - not sure if it will be one a day since 31 seems like clutter but one every couple of days with the writing for sure :) Cheers for blog/website/soul development :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray for all of us blogging "rock stars" Christine! It has increased my pleasure 100-fold to have you and Darlene along on the ride! I have great hopes for Karen Phillips being with us too!

      That's the way I developed my blog...over time look at what different gadgets could do for me and added them gradually. Organic growth is rewarding. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog!

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Best of luck with your intentions. I am off to google images of the American Oystercatcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana for feeling excited about my oystercatcher project! Now, I'm off to visit your blog.

      Delete