Saturday, December 15, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 15): What tingled your tastebuds in 2012? What made it so magical?

VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER WITH MY HONEY!   This Korean dinner my Chiboogamoo and I ate on February 14th, 2012, was just so so yummy! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
#REVERB12 (Day 15) PROMPT: What was the most extraordinary dish you sampled in 2012? What made it so magical? 


Dear Pilgrims, I am not much of a foodie, which means while I want to eat healthfully, I don't want to invest much time in thinking about food! All my heart and soul go into the visual arts and not the culinary ones. However, in 2012, my husband (who I fondly call Chiboogamoo) and I drove to Buford Highway in Metro Atlanta for an authentic Korean dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day. And I experienced ECSTASY! Not to mention having SO MUCH FUN!
WHICH ONE TO TASTE FIRST? Delighting over the variety and number of dishes!  Which one would you taste first? Would your chopsticks collide with mine? I may not be a foodie, but experiences like this one may convert me! (photo by Chiboogamoo)
Part of that fun are the multiple dishes of fermented vegetables (kimchi) that Korean restaurants serve you upon arrival! Who wouldn't squeal? These kimchi dishes are small and tasty, and, YES, it feels romantic to share them with my Honey each of us brandishing chopsticks and enticing food from the bowls into our mouths.
BEE BIM BOP! Lots of good yummy vegetables mixed up with an egg and other toppings! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)

And since we don't prepare much meat in our home, and never steak--it felt absolutely sinful to order barbecue steak which arrived at our table soft, tender, and juicy. Our server showed us how to wrap delicately sliced morsels in lettuce leaves with various condiments. She had advised us on our meal selections, and we eagerly consumed the steak delicacies along with vegetable pancakes and a Korean salad called Bee Bim Bob.

This 2012 Valentine's Day had been very cold, and we had almost been too tired to make the 20-to-30 minute drive to Buford Highway to an ordinary but well-rated Korean restaurant. In the end, we were somehow "excellerated"--all warmed up and filled with good cheer!


NOW THAT IS SOME MAGICAL FOOD! Perhaps, I need to give food some more thought in 2013 and discover more about its revitalizing properties. By the way, we went back to the same restaurant in April for Chiboogamoo's birthday and explored more of what is meant by Korean barbecue. I suggest you do the same! I promise you won't be disappointed!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what tingled YOUR tastebuds in 2012! Why? What made it magical?

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: As always, thanks to Kat at "I Saw You Dancing," for managing #REVERB12


1 comment:

  1. While in my homeland of Vermont this summer I was overjoyed to have easy access to real maple syrup served at breakfast restaurants. The other treat was discovering Cabot hot habenero cheddar cheese. I love VT sharp white cheddar and the addition of hot pepper bits was a startling surprise...also easily obtained in all supermarkets. Yay!

    ReplyDelete