Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 19): How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012? DANCING WITH THE FLOWERS!

MY BODY ASKED ME TO MOVE, PERCHANCE TO DANCE! In 2012, I earnestly returned to my body to listen to her needs. "MOVE," she exclaimed! (art by Hallelujah Truth)
#REVERB12 (Day 19) PROMPT: How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012? What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

Hallelujah for our most tenacious SPIRIT! Yet without our BEAUTIFUL BODIES to house our SPIRITS we would be star dust! As all of you pilgrims know, our BODIES are sources of great pleasure or great pain. In 2012, my BODY groaned and creaked like an ancient mariner's ship upon a slow moving sea as a result of the hours I spend HALLELUJAHING (making my art expressed as "Coffee with Hallelujah").
ATTENDING TO THE SPIRIT BUT NOT THE BODY. This is a typical position for my body as I execute the visions of my SOUL during my Hallelujahing (HOWL-a-LUJAHING). In 2012, I began to listen to the muscles and sinews of my BODY--they were asking for MOVEMENT! (photo by Chiboogamoo)
Fortunately, for me, I am acquainted with the DANCING FLOWERS FOR PEACE! And as I expressed my quandry about a fun and loving way to address the yearnings of my BODY to MOVE, they responded--COME DANCE WITH US!


A PARTIAL BOUQUET. Have you thought about expressing your "inner flower"? What does she need to do today? How does she move toward sunlight? Drink raindrops and move in the wind? How does she confer peace? Here you see some of the members of the Dancing Flowers clad in their petals for a performance.(photo by Hallelujah Truth)
 And I did, have, and will dance with the DANCING FLOWERS FOR PEACE in the future! Although I am not a FLOWER, I have the privilege of "warming up" with them on Saturday mornings before they go into their full work out. 

Hallelujah has never before experienced such immense pleasure of SELF EXPRESSED through MOVEMENT with the FLOWERS. Just read this yummy description of what they offer in a workshop:

"We invite you to “dig” into your creativity and discover your “full bloom” through improvisational play. Workshops are designed for women aged 40 and over who want to dance for peace and pleasure.

We play theatrical games.  We dance inside simple structures. We create more possibilities for our bodies to express. We practice moving authentically and we collaborate." (read more about this, here)

In 2012, I nourished by BODY in a BOUQUET OF FLOWERS--the nectar of which is so SWEET, DEAR, and LIFE-GIVING! Thank you DANCING FLOWERS FOR PEACE! In 2013, I will continue to listen to the callings of my BODY by dancing with the FLOWERS and perhaps experience a new activity--AERIAL YOGA!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and share how you have nourished your BODY in 2012! Would you dance with the FLOWERS or something similar? What? 

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: As always, thanks to Kat at "I Saw You Dancing," for managing #REVERB12.

No comments:

Post a Comment