Saturday, December 29, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 29): What word will you choose to guide you through 2013? MOTHER!

DREAMING MOTHER (art by Hallelujah Truth)
#REVERB12 (Day 29) PROMPT: What word will you choose to guide you through 2013? What do you hope it will bring into your life?

Hallelujah for mile markers, anniversaries, counting the revolutions of the Earth around the Sun, and other various ways of measuring and honoring our time on this glorious planet! 

Hallelujah for acknowledging the emergence of a new year with its promising bundle of hopes, plans, and dreams to be fulfilled in 2013. The guiding word I have selected for my journey this year is MOTHER. 

The cycle of life for we women folk is tri-fold: MAIDEN, MOTHER, and CRONE.  I lingered in maidenhood for more than four decades (marrying at the age of 46), and when I turned 50, without ever having given physical birth, I attempted to jump into being a CRONE....  

And by doing so, leapt erroneously away from experiencing a precious and meaningful stage of life and the self-cultivation it offers. Without the experience of MOTHERING, a child or even myself, I have discovered that it is impossible to become the WISE WOMAN, the SAGE, the MENTOR, or the CRONE--the crowned and honored female elder.

So, for 2013, I am joyfully cultivating the MOTHER in me, and will MOTHER IT UP in the following ways:

First of all, I will MOTHER the NOW, holding present time close like a baby and attending to its ever present burps and gurgles.


I will MOTHER my ART SPIRIT, lovingly tending to its flame, daily feeding it fuel until it bursts into fireworks like the Fourth of July and tenderly putting it to bed each night in a warm bed of ashes for rest.


I will MOTHER my BODY listening to its needs, moving when my muscles need to be flexed and lengthened, laughing when my vocal chords need to vibrate, eating healthful foods to ignite the brain and flesh, and maintaining sleep cycles in accordance with the Earth's revolution to experience rebirth each day at Sunrise.


I will MOTHER the PLAYFUL GIRL in me that loves to run fast and ride bicycles, lie down under the trees in the park and feel the Earth beneath me,  compete in board games and tennis and have decadent luscious tea parties with friends.


I will MOTHER the WOUNDED CHILD in me, listening to her hurts and saying "OUCH" in unison with her as we gently rock together for comfort.


...and by BEING MOTHER to MYSELF first, I will heal wounds, nurture strength, foster joy, and deepen in experience in understanding and compassion. Thus making it possible in the future to be PRESENT to MOTHERING


YOU and YOU and the UNIVERSE, starting with MOTHER EARTH!

REACHING MOTHER (art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul Blog with me and tell me what word or phrase is going to guide you through 2013? What do you think of my guiding word--MOTHER?
 
As always, thanks to Kat at "I Saw You Dancing," for managing #REVERB12.

4 comments:

  1. It is most interesting for me to read your blogs and contemplate how they resonate with me and and answer so many questions I have. I think if we all would be a 'mother to ourselves' first and foremost we would then be better mothers to those who need us the most including the most exalted and important mother of us all..MOTHER EARTH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this very thoughtful response. Yes we need to be better mothers to MOTHER EARTH!

      Delete