Monday, December 31, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 31) LAST DAY OF REVERB AND GRATEFUL

BLOGGING TO COMPLETION IN CALIFORNIA. #Reverb12 ends today! Hurray! I have succeeded in blogging consistently every day in December--even during my winter holiday in California in a gorgeous cabin in Carmel Valley. This photo was taken of me unaware by my adoring professorial husband who was outside taking photos as the day came to a close. I am GRATEFUL to him for all his for love me, his boundless curiosity, and deep appreciation of nature.
#REVERB12 (Day 31) Happy New Year Pilgrims! For my lost blog entry in 2012, I will be brief and GRATEFUL! 

Hallelujah for LIFE, a TRIBE of creative bloggers, all of you PILGRIMS out there! 

Blogging and drawing every day has heightened my presence here on this glorious Earth! I feel thoroughly REVERBERATED! I wish all of you like-minded SOULS out there a joyous celebration as you conclude 2012 and welcome in 2013.
FULL MOON GRATEFUL. Our last nights in California were illuminated by the fullness of the moon, filling us with a strong sense of fullfillment as we complete 2012.
As my Chiboogamoo and I leave Carmel Valley today, I want express my GRATITUDE for the animals that we encountered here in their natural environments.
LIFE RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR CABIN. What a great way to conclude a montH and a year by being out in nature and observing animal wonders. This mule deer crossed our path as we were descending a hillside near our cabin. (all photos by my Chiboogamoo)
THIS LOVELY ANIMAL WAS CLOSE TO US TOO. This bobcat holds magic for me. When we startled this large feline near the barn on the Hastings Reserve, it nestled in amongst the firewood. This cat's power has already become a new symbol in my drawings! How exciting it is to see such a beautiful animal in its natural environment--one that I am also inhabiting!

A SINGING MOUSE.  I am FORTUNATE for being surrounded by researchers who engage themselves in the study of nature. We learned that one young researcher here at the Hastings Reserve discovered that mice like these "sing." Although they create song at a frequency that older ears cannot detect, their music can be measured by the right equipment. Currently, their songs are being interpreted for intentional communications.
PECK PECK PECK. The acorn woodpecker's industrious behavior can be heard every where in our surroundings here at the Hastings Reserve. This intelligent bird works continuously at drilling holes in trees and buildings here on the Reserve to cache its acorns for future use. I am GRATEFUL for the abundance of this creature and the dizzying amount of holes they succeed in making! Peck. Peck. Peck.
BLENDING IN WITH THE ENVIRONMENT. Following an animal trail along a creek here in the valley, we spied this rabbit which waited very patiently behind some grass while we stood and observed her. I am GRATEFUL for seeing how animals can "disappear" in their environments just by being still. If we hadn't seen her moving, we wouldn't have seen her there at all.

FAREWELL 2012
THANKFUL FOR GREAT FRIENDS.  Hallelujah for friendship over the years. I am so GRATEFUL  for my friend Sandy, whose energy, love, keen intelligence, and athleticism I strongly admire. She and her husband Vince hosted and took good care of us during our stay out here in Carmel Valley. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Special thanks to Kat at "I Saw You Dancing," for managing #REVERB12. You have done a magnificent job! Congratulations! It has been delightful being connected with you during this blogging month of December, as well as Blogtoberfest in October. I feel nurtured and propelled forward by you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Ruth and Tony. Can't wait to see you when you return.

    ReplyDelete