Saturday, December 22, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 22): What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? COLLABORATION!

COLLABORATION IS ONE OF THE GREATEST GIFTS! Here I am with my Chiboogamoo and Paleontologist Barbie on the Georgia Coast! The three of us COLLABORATED on exploring important scientific topics in the PALEONTOLOGIST BARBIE INTERVIEWS.
#REVERB12 (Day 22) PROMPT: What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? What was the greatest gift you gave? What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?

Hallelujah for the GIFT of COLLABORATION! My life has been gifted with talented people who share and toss ideas around playfully like joyful children!

COLLABORATION IMPROV ESL. In 2012, Lesly Fredman gave me the bestest GIFT ever in collaborating on the creation of the IMPROV ESL class at the Georgia Tech Language Institute! (see the blog I started)
COLLABORATING WITH STUDENTS.  Creating this IMPROV ESL class established a way to interact with my students in new and exciting ways. They collaborated in the teaching and learning by bringing themselves to class and actively participating in making things up, taking risks, and saying YES!


As 2012 comes to a close and the beginning of 2013 looms, I will continue to cherish the GIFTS of COLLABORATIONBefore I say good-bye for today, I want to thank Ron Shaklee and Sandy Voegeli for the COLLABORATIVE work we did to make the publishing of The Misadventures of Maria the Hutia happen this past July!

 

1 comment:

  1. I have been gifted this year with dinners out, glasses of wine, two art memberships, food, drink, snacks, used clothes, used art magazines, two trips to the High Museum, the password on a NY Times digital subscription, inclusion in a very reasonable family phone plan with unlimited data, texting and minutes, and places to stay as I journeyed to and from Vermont this summer. I am very grateful. I also thank Paedra in Vermont for throwing me a birthday party in august with awesome food, drink and a cool bunch of smart artists to share the day with.

    I'm not sure what i gave in 2012...Lots of time with my grandkids, playing, looking at stuff and walking.
    I volunteer often at the Shambhala Meditation Center during work weekends or weekend workshops. I taught a friend basic Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging), and I seem to regularly drive friends to medical appointments, pick up food for them when they are ill or provide a ride to pick up a car after it has been fixed. I just completed 2 years volunteering on the Board of my Condo Association and I often help with smaller landscaping chores around the condo grounds. This summer I researched my Irish roots in Vermont, created books of the ancestry trees and made copies for my living relatives. A gift for myself in 2013? Besides needing a firm mattress for the twin bed, I may drive to Miami with a friend to see Basil-Miami art fair around Thanksgiving. I've never been down there. I'd also like to fly to Portland OR after the birth of my 4th grandchild.

    ReplyDelete