Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 26): How will you make time in 2013? 15 Minutes of Creativity Every Day!


STAR INFINITY SPIRAL. The spirals in my work symbolize infinity and repetition of that infinity throughout time. I think of spirals in 3-dimensions. A spiral is not flat as you see it here but has height and depth. As we move forward in our lives, we repeat behaviors and feel similar emotions (this is the circular part of the spiral), but we have gained experience and cultivated knowledge (this is the height and depth part) which help us process who we are at any particular stage of our lives. (art by Hallelujah)
#REVERB12 (Day 26) PROMPT: How do you intend to carve out more time for the things that are the most important to you in 2013?

TIME! I continue to play with TIME in order to allocate some of this precious resource to making ART. I began this blog, Coffee with Hallelujah, three years ago to honor TIME + CREATIVITY

I proclaimed that if you have 15 minutes to drink coffee in the morning, you have 15 minutes to be CREATIVE, to honor your SPIRIT

 COFFEE TIME = SOUL TIME (CREATIVITY)

TIME. In addition to my 15 minutes of Coffee with Hallelujah (plus enthusiastic expansion of those 15 minutes), I will continue to experiment with the number of hours I work teaching English as a Second Language at Georgia Tech. I have the good fortune of teaching in 8-week sessions, which allows for CHANGING TIME SCHEDULES every two months. My CREATIVE SOUL adores the variety!
STAR TREE OF LIFE ON THE BACK OF A TURTLE. I created this image for Sandy Voegeli to honor her love of sea turtles and as wellher journey through TIME. If you look on the symbol chart (below) that I have made in order to help viewers understand the "COSMOS OF HALLELUJAH," you will understand how I have set TIME (infinity). The turtle symbolizes choices. Imagine you are in the center of the turtle's back. As this "crossroads," you have the ability to decide which direction to go in. What will it be? North, South, West, or East? The "STAR BALL" at the top right symbolizes NOW. The turtle is grasping NOW while being reminded of the daily cycles of the Earth's rotation around the Sun. The smaller stars symbolize BREAKTHROUGHS. These breakthroughs result from experience seasoned with understanding and insight. LIFE IS AN AMAZING JOURNEY THROUGH TIME. The star tree of life comes from an image on a basket made in Botswana that my Chiboogamoo and I gave Sandy.

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul Blog with me and tell me about your relationship to TIME.



1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful that you started blogging and encouraged me to do so...and helped me set up my own site. Making time is hard. There's a hump I seem to need to get over before I begin my art. Why is that? Regimens of exercise, meditation and walking often seem more important to do that creating. Once I begin I'm fine and get on a roll.
    Not sure about this one...perhaps establishing a set time or 15 minutes as you do might get me over that big bump. Right this minute I'm writing this after reading emails while looking at a blank sheet of paper on my drawing board out of the corner of my eye.

    ReplyDelete