Friday, December 21, 2012

#REVERB12 (Day 21): What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? CALIFORNIA FRIENDS AND IMPROMPTU ART EXHIBIT!!

MAJOR DREAM ACCOMPLISHED! Visiting former neighbor and friend Kiona in Carpinteria, California, and her bookstore, Curious Cup, for which I designed the logo! See above! (photo by Chiboogamoo)
#REVERB12 (Day 21) PROMPT: What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? What other, unexpected, dreams came to fruition? What are the top three items on your dream list for 2013?

Hallelujah for sumptuous DREAM FRUITS in our LIVES! 2012 was an awesome year for ticking items (picking DREAM FRUITS) off of my dream list! However, today, I want to write about just one event in which three wonderful ones culminated!

My Chiboogamoo and I traveled to California to visit our longtime friends the Voegelis at the Hastings Reserve in Carmel Valley, which then enabled me to have these three unexpected experiences: 
  • Visit a former Decatur, Georgia, neighbor in Carpinteria and see her bookstore, Curious Cup
  • Get reacquainted with a close college friend I hadn't seen in 30 years, and
  • Give an impromptu art exhibit in California!
ARRIVAL AT CURIOUS CUP! I have been wanting to visit Kiona at her bookstore, Curious Cup, since she opened it two years ago! Hurray! What a beautiful store! (photo by Chiboogamoo) 
Once Chiboogamoo and I arrived in Carpinteria at Kiona's bookstore, Curious Cup, after an adventuresome drive down Highway 1 along the dramatic Pacific coast, it was time for me to put up my impromptu art show, "Cosmos of Hallelujah"! We had one hour before the opening when Santa would arrive along with the author and illustrator of The Three Sunflowers. I got to work!
HANGING THE "COSMOS OF HALLELUJAH." I hung a strand of Christmas lights to represent the stars of my mental universe at the storefront of Curious Cup and then clipped on the images of my cosmos from my daily drawing project.(photo by Chiboogamoo)
COLLEGE FRIENDS REUNITED! My friend from the Pepperdine University days, Lisa Graye came to the opening with her husband. They live in Santa Barabara. We hadn't seen each other in 30 years! What a dream realized to see her!(photo by Chiboogamoo)
 "COSMOS OF HALLELUJAH." Stars twinkling in my cosmos hung behind us! In my hand I'm holding a copy of the local Carpinteria paper, Coastal View News, which had the following write up about me: "Ruth Schowalter, who goes by the name Hallelujah Truth, will be in Carpinteria on the evening of Thursday, December 20, and showing her current artworks at Curious Cup. Schowalter lives in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a close friend of Kiona Gross. In fact, Schowalter designed the logo for the bookstore. During her local visit, the artist will be exhibiting her daily drawings of the creative journey she has undertaken "as a spiritual art pilgrim," according to a press release. Each day Schowalter creates a new image of her mental cosmos, and no image is considered complete until the end of a three-month period." (photo by Chiboogamoo)
CLOSE UP OF "COSMOS OF HALLELUJAH." (photo by Chiboogamoo)
Thusly, I have picked ripened DREAM FRUITS from my life that appeared miraculously because I live the life of a spiritual art pilgrim! For 2013, I haven't decided yet but will delight in the ponderance of these DREAMS waiting to be plucked and savoured in the future now! Hallelujah!

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: How amazing are neighbors! Deep appreciation goes to Kiona Gross, my former Decatur, Georgia, neighbor for her generosity as a friend, as well as for her creativity as a small business owner and the way she connects people!  

POST ART SHOW. At the end of a busy evening at Curious Cup, Carpenteria, California, business store owner Kiona Gross rests for a moment. The Thursday evening including a visit from Santa, an author and illustrator book signing, and an impromptu showing of my work, "Cosmos of Hallelujah." (photo by Hallelujah)
 Then there is my Chiboogamoo, my amazing husband, who supports my creative journey in innumerable ways.
WITH MY CHIBOOGAMOO (photo by Lisa Vignale)



Many thanks to the Voegelis for hosting during this winter celebration and providing the MIRACLE of friendship that warmly illuminates. As always, thanks to Kat at "I Saw You Dancing," for managing #REVERB12.

That's Coffee With Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and share the DREAM FRUITS that you plucked and ate in 2012! What are you dreaming of doing in the new year? 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2012!
 

1 comment:

  1. I did not have a dream list. I floated through the days content to create artwork focused on discovering the self, facing mortality, and hoping for some sort of transformation. I feel like a river without endpoints. I did not dock anywhere in particular. Friends climbed aboard and expanded my understanding. The Vermont contingent grew and this was a joy. Family and friends at home in GA pulled me along and made me realize how big the world is.
    My dream list for 2013: I'd like God to show him/her self and explain what it's all about if he/she is really out there. I'd like to be a summer artist-in-residence at the Carving Studio in VT, but if that does not happen, I will be drawing and painting in Rutland VT again this summer. another deep desire is to speak the truth without
    fear of consequences. Another dream is to move slower and react patiently.

    ReplyDelete