Monday, January 15, 2018

THE EAR AS PETAL

Hallelujah Dear Pilgrims! What are you doing to create grace in your life and the lives of others? Hallelujah for art making! Hallelujah for ways of relating to one another that can soften the hardness of our protective barriers! I created this image, "THE EAR AS PETAL," to remind us that truly listening to another is a gift.

One of my gracemakers is Mark Nepo. When I am seeking calming thoughts, I open his meditations, "The Book of Awakening." This morning, I am contemplating the soothing aspects of nature. And, then using nature as metaphor. Mark Nepo writes: 

"The ear is only a petal that grows from the heart. When we hear each other, it all becomes a garden."

In this image, I have created ears that are pitcher plants. I am listening to you all as I practice creating grace from the mundane to the mysterious in my art making. You are my LIFE GARDEN! And 
I am so very thankful for you being here in this garden of my life. 

I ask you all to SOUL blog with me, sharing your thoughts on the theme of the wonders of nature. In these times, I am truly appreciating all of you fellow creatives from around the world. I invite to post  your words of hope and grace. Or you can join me on my Facebook Group, The Daily Creative Practice and post your photos, drawings, dances....etc...that soothe our souls in these times of angst.

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! 
EAR AS PETAL. This piece was created in January 2017 while focusing on "creating grace" in order not to give in to the turmoil being generated by the election of the 45th U. S. president. Even though I was almost completely silenced verbally for one calendar year from the political duress, I continued drawing. This image was drawn in pencil and then altered using the Paintbrush App.  (art by Hallelujah Truth) 

No comments:

Post a Comment