Monday, September 16, 2013

IMAGINARY WORLDS: Inspiration from the living sculptures at the Atlanta Botanical Garden

IMAGINARY CREATURE IN AN IMAGINARY WORLD! As a child, I adored the unicorn and was given many trinkets, books, and mementos with a unicorn on them. Imagine my delight when I saw this "living" unicorn on the side of the path at the Atlanta Botanical Garden! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for IMAGINARY WORLDS! As a visual artist, blogger, and creative movement dancer, I remain continuously open to the miracle of each moment! Therefore, I exclaim with glee and Hallelujahs a sense of gratitude for the beauty and inspiration that I experience daily living in my amazing city of Atlanta, Georgia, USA!
SHAGGY DOG! This living sculpture of a shaggy dog is accompanied by a sign with an Ogden Nash poem: "The truth I do not stretch or shove. When I state the dog is full of love. I've also proved, by actual test, a wet dog is the lovingest." (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Since May 2013, our city of Atlanta has been the first U.S. city to exhibit living sculptures from Mosaicultures International Montreal. The process involved in making each living sculpture is quite complicated, and you can read about that process here in a number of media articles and videos.
BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID! Here my Chiboogamoo demonstrates the veracity of these sculptures! Two cobras startle visitors as they enter the grounds of the Atlanta Botanical Garden. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
My darling husband and I have visited these living sculptures several times now at different times of day and have found it fascinating how these sculptures in this Imaginary Worlds exhibit shape shift according to available light.
EARTH GODDESS! How magical it has been to observe the Earth Goddess in twilight and then at high noon. No matter the time of day, she is always serene and providing a sense of peace. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
IMAGINARY WORLDS MUST BE MAINTAINED. Chiboogamoo and I were satisfied that the Atlanta Botanical Garden gave us permissible activities to perform in addition the prohibited ones. Often when entering a park in the United States, the first thing a visitor is greeted by is a list of things NOT TO DO. How about these imperatives: DREAM, WONDER, and IMAGINE! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
THIS IS MY CITY, ATLANTA! One of the lovely aspects of being at the Atlanta Botanical Garden is being right in the downtown of this huge, green southern city. Many internationals have exclaimed to me about their appreciation of all the trees in Atlanta. We have such a beautiful skyline. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)

LIVING SCULPTURES AT TWILIGHT! On Thursday nights, throngs of visitors swarm into the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It involves bars replete with good beer and cocktails throughout the gardens. What a great way to see the living sculptures as the sun is setting, the lights are popping on to illuminate the sculptures, and, yes, you can relax with an alcoholic beverage. Getting an annual pass to the garden makes the cost of visiting on Thursday nights more affordable. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)

OUR IMAGINARY WORLD. You see me pictured here with my darling husband, who at the moment appears to be standing at attention. Thank you honey for your patience while I document the images that inspire my creativity. Our life together is one filled with imagination! Thank you! (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah on this day of September 16th, as fall approaches us and the windows are open letting in the cool breeze of mid-morning. SOUL BLOG with me and tell me if you have visited the Atlanta Botanical Garden or if you find inspiration from these living sculptures. I do! I don't know how the inspiration will manifest in my visual work but it certainly has culminated in this blog entry! 

May you enjoy your IMAGINARY WORLD and share it with me. Here. Right now! And here is a short video I took of the Earth Goddess at twilight. Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. Delicious Blog!!! I love the pictures and the video at the end. I laughed when I saw your topic. This morning alone the botanical garden has come up. 1. A friend showed pictures at the Manifesting Mondays Group 2. After the group I noticed a msg from another friend saying we MUST put a date to go the garden together on the calendar before the exhibit is gone and now 3. your blog. I think the universe is reminding me how good this would be for my soul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chirsitine! Thanks so much for the support you give me in blogging and for the way you SEE and share your world. I know you are now planning a trip to visit these magical creatures!

      Delete