Sunday, December 1, 2013

REVERB13 (Day 1): Integrating body, mind, heart, and soul into one--body wisdom

REVERB13 (Day 1): Writing from St. Catherines Island, Georgia on the first day in December 2013. How do I feel on this first day, mind, body, heart, and soul? (photo by Tony Martin, aka Chiboogamoo)
Hallelujah for Reverb13 and for Kat McNally in Melbourne, Australia, who is continuing the tradition by hosting this blogging event in the last month of the year that allows us to reflect (reverberate) on the past year before going int the new. Her first prompt is this: 

How do you feel, on this first day, in your mind? In your body? In your heart? In your soul?
I will begin to answer this question by using this quote: 
 “Consider how fish swim and birds fly. They do so because it is in their nature. For it is the swimming and the flying that makes them fish and birds. Likewise, it is the speaking of one’s heart that makes a human being human. For even if no one hears us, it is the act of speaking that frees us by letting the spirit swim and fly through the world.”
From Mark Nepo in The Book of Awakening, Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have
Consider how the lemur climbs the tree (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
 On this first day of December 2013, I whole-heartedly believe that I am succeeding at integrating these different components that make up the self: mind, body, heart, and soul.
This integration of our physical and spiritual dimensions is called BODY WISDOM by Phil Porter and Cynthia Winton-Henry, co-founders of InterPlay (check out the link to their website).
 So, right now, I would answer this first REVERB13 question that I am following my NATURE, my BODY WISDOM...I am being the fish that swims, the bird that flies, and the lemur that climbs the pine tree in the maritime forest on St. Catherines Island, Georgia.
 
I AM NOT ALONE: As 2013 comes to a close, I am happy to report that I am not alone in my journey. Here you see is my darling brilliant husband, Chiboogamoo. As I collect shells here on this expansive beach, he studies bird tracks. He is close enough for me to track but far enough away for me to be fully in my BODY WISDOM. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
LIKE-MINDED SOULS: On my journey, I have discovered that if I am living my authenticity, I will discover companions who want to share what they know and laugh joyously. Here I am (second from the right) looking at Jenifer Hilburn in agreement--LIFE IS GOOD! (photo by Tony Martin, aka Chiboogamoo)
I truly believe that we all are creative and only need to engage in the act of being ourselves in order to live our lives imaginatively. By following our authentic selves--our BODY WISDOM, I am sure that we can find fulfillment.  
ERODING OUT THE OLD: Spending time on the Georgia barrier islands serves as a reminder that we are constantly changing. As the ocean currents whisk sand from our shores, we shift our boundaries to where the sand accrues. Here you can see the pine trees dying as the ocean encroaches, yet be assured that new life is forming on another part of the island. This too is our lives. (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
 I am so thankful for Kat McNally, Reverb13 bloggers, friends and all of you here in my Daily Creative Practice Facebook group who are sharing your way of being with me. THANK YOU for making me...more human, ultimately more me!
REVERB13 HELPS ME THINK OF CONCLUSION): St. Catherines Island, Georgia, is the perfect place to begin my farewells to 2013. To harken on the good and sum up what I know about myself. On this first day in December 2013, my key thought is a question: HOW TO GO MORE INTO BODY WISDOM?  (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
 That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul Blog with me. How do you feel on this first day of December 2013, mind, body, heart, and soul?
 

6 comments:

  1. Content. Thanks for posting. God bless.

    Coleen
    an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coleen, an American in Ukraine, thank you for visiting my blog, Coffee with Hallelujah! I am so glad you are content. I'm left wanting to know more!

      Delete
  2. Ruth = Awesome! So glad to be on another blogging adventure with you my friend! So thankful that 2013 brought us together and I look forward to some amazing times in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine! I am glad that we are sharing this blogging adventure together! 2014 is going to be AWESOME with you and InterPlay!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kat! It is always exciting when you visit my blog! Thanks for highlighting the key phrase: BODY WISDOM!

      Delete