Friday, December 6, 2013

REVERB13 (Day 6): Gathering and remembering what's important from 2013, exploring nine arenas

MEMORIES IN THE 2013 LIFE OF HALLELUJAH TRUTH. This image is one of 100 images I completed in 2013 in a 3-month period (beginning in 2012), drawing a new image every day. I practiced the art of not judging. "Not Good. Not bad. Just is," I repeated to myself as I drew each morning. Although many of these more than one-hundred images remain incomplete, I treasure them for the way they HOLD my SOUL.  At the start of each drawing, I started with the familiar--repeating the symbols of my HALLELUJAH COSMOS (see here for an explanation). (Art by the very same Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for remembering what's important, for it is the fuel that propels us forward each day. Today's prompt for Kat McNally's Reverb13 (Day 6) is this:

What precious things have you gathered in 2013? Which memories from this year do you wish to keep with you always?
 
MASSAGE CAT HELPS ME REMEMBER 2013. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Because my LIFE is filled with Hallelujahs, I am going to answer this question by gathering with love and gentleness NINE topics that I have blogged about in 2013 which HOLD these precious MEMORIES.

9 PRECIOUS MEMORIES FROM 2013:

STARTING THE DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE ON FACEBOOK
 
Artwork for The Daily Creative Practice

One of my fondest memories is of launching the Facebook Group, THE DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE. This is a destination where all of us share our imaginative souls safely and joyously (zero-criticism zone). Come join us here or read this blog for more information.
FINDING INTERPLAY

A life-changing find was stumbling upon InterPlay, and learning that I could recover from being a serious person! Miracles have transpired since then. I contacted and met Atlanta InterPlay's leader, Jennifer Denning, and through her assistance became the social media facilitator for Atlanta InterPlay in exchange for my attending InterPlay programs. An entire new world has opened for me through the people I have met through InterPlay (see this blog).

SPEAKING PUBLICLY THREE TIMES
Me speaking at the Georgia Literary Festival
In 2013, I surprised myself by reaching a five-year goal--finding my voice and using it to deliver a message publicly! When I designated that goal as I turned fifty, all I knew was that I wanted the ability to speak with authority in front of people. At the time, I felt I was all squeaks and no power. Did I ever surprise myself when I ended up presenting on science-related topics--me the Artist/English Language Teacher! See here and here to see where and what I spoke about. Then I ventured to Milledgeville, Georgia, to speak about teaching environmental stewardship to children at the Georgia Literary Festival. What is memorable to me about all of these speaking events is that I was not alone--I had collaborators! And my collaborators inspired and brought out the best in me. I have a voice!

TRAVELING TO TURKEY
Cappadocia, Turkey
Having taught international students for more than 20 years, it was with deep and profound joy that I got to visit Turkey, the homeland of some of my most favorite students! It is quite meaningful to see the place from where my students originated. I blogged about my visit here, here, here, and here.

BEGINNING A COLLABORATION WITH JENIFER HILBURN
HALLELUJAH and JEN
As an artist, one who lives with a scientist, I find it incredibly meaningful to connect with the people I meet when we journey out in the world together. Four years ago, I met Jenifer Hilburn, ornithologist at St. Catherines Island, Georgia, and we lingered around the "idea" of collaborating on stories about natural life on the Georgia coast. In 2013, we began to make that happen! My life has opened up in this collaboration with this strong, warm, funny, caring, and intelligent woman. See some of the work we have done together here, here, and here to link only a few. 2014 is going to be awesome!

COMING TO TERMS WITH GRIEF OVER MY FATHER'S DEATH
A major block was removed from my heart when I was able to visit my father's grave for the first time since his death. He died 10 years ago on November 21. A lot of heartache was healed by this visit. If you are curious about my journey, see this blog written about a weekend trip with my family.

CELEBRATING MY CHIBOOGAMOO'S BOOK PUBLICATION
Me and Hubby Author

Living with an author is stimulating and, at times quite celebratory! I wrote this blog to honor a major event in both of our lives--the publishing of his book, Life Traces of the Georgia Coast. In this photo, we are taking a much needed "cooling" break at the Decatur Book Festival in our hometown of Georgia. As a featured author, Tony gained us privileges to refreshments during the day and dinner at night and the opportunity to meet all kinds of interesting people. I am just so proud of his accomplishments! Look out 2014, he has another book forthcoming: Dinosaurs without Bones!

DANCING:CREATIVE MOVEMENT
2013 has been a year of creative movement for me! Thanks to my creativity coach, Lesly Fredman, I made a commitment to MOVE and to be the MOVEMENT. I desired emotional, psychological, and professional movement--so I started with DANCING! Thanks to the Dancing Flowers for Peace (blog), Five Rhythms (blog), Dance Church (blog), and InterPlay!!! Now my body has memories of moving! Hurray!

TAKING THE ALBUQUERQUE OPTION
In 2013, my Chiboogamoo and I had a proposed change in our lives....what if we moved to Albuquerque (see this blog)? What would I miss about Atlanta? What would I gain by concluding my life as I knew it after living in Atlanta for more than 20 years? Finally, we did not make this monumental move out west, but I chose to ACT as though I had moved. I resigned from my job and other organizations so that I could MOVE into my mid-fifties and DISCOVER what is to be next! I am ending 2013 while still QUESTING! I will remember this CHANGE for the rest of my life.

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! What have you memories have you gathered during this glorious year of 2013? SOUL BLOG with me!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE this blog and all the wonderful memories you created in 2013 - what an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an amazing year Christine and I'm so glad I met you through InterPlay! That's been incredible!

      Delete
  2. Your life is full and brimming with activities and wonderful memories. I have read each of those bogs and agree they are what memories are made of. Thank you for making all of them available for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene I feel so fortunate for having met you through social media and to continue to get to know you through blogging. Your support means so much to me.

      Delete
  3. What a magnificent collection of explorations and discoveries. You have much to be proud of, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have been an inspiration to me this year with your trip to New York.

      Delete