Monday, December 9, 2013

REVERB13 (Day #9): Hallelujah for numerous sources of inspiration for me in 2013

SOURCE OF INSPIRATION. Thank you to all the people in my life who have inspired me this past year (2013) and given me loving support--Hallelujah Truth drawn here with Wandjina and Great Mystery. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for INSPIRATION! Hallelujah for those PEOPLE that fill me with admiration and give me COURAGE to be MORE than I already am!

The prompt for Kat McNally's REVERB13 (Day #9) is this:

Who inspired you in 2013? And why? What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2014?
KAT MCNALLY! Thank you for your Internet presence and making social media a warm place to inhabit through all of your blogathons! Through your prompts, blog buttons, linky tools, tribe members, and thoughtful comments, I have thrived. (source of photo)
Dear HEARTS, dear ones who create, recreate, adventure, and co-conspire with me I LOVE  and APPRECIATE you! 

TONY MARTIN.
HUSBAND INSPIRATION.
First, I long to acknowledge my beloved Chiboogamoo (aka Tony Martin), life companion, co-cat-caretaker, meaning seeker, and fun maker! You make my life joyous continuously and your loving mischievous spirit uplifts me and carries me away in a rapturous life! Thank you Honey for your brilliance and unconditional love. I am incredibly lucky to have met you! The dedication you have to your own creative work caresses me, enlivens me, and puts me in awe of you! I have learned so much from sharing my life with you. 2013 was awesome (See here, here, and here for only a fraction of what my honey has done this past year!)

DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE INSPIRATION.
Then I long to acknowledge the inspiration I have gained from the participants in THE DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE on my Facebook group (dear readers join here if you are interested). 

I especially want to thank Darlene Sperber for her kind and generous remarks supporting all who enter their unique creative work on this site. Her own artistic personality, along with her breadth of experience and kind vision have warmed my heart deeply (see her work here and here). I feel so fortunate for having met her on Facebook. Social media rocks and so does Darlene and her art and artful living. Thank you Darlene!


CHRISTINE NICHOLS GAUTREAUX.
AND...Christine Nichols Gautreaux! You inspired me with your warm love, on-the-spot intuition, strong presence, courage, and all-around-BEINGNESS! I am so thankful to meet a younger friend like you who has so much wisdom, energy, spirit of organization, wonderful husband and children. My you are making my life RICH with love! Thank you!

...AND Melissa Dickson Jackson, poet extraordinnaire, who has shared her poetry, ideas, and blog. On one special occasion, she inspired many of us to write an ode!!!

...AND Ty Butler, photographer, whose photos captured in his invention Tylight are luminous and dreamy and profound!

AND...all the other BRAVE SOULS who ventured to share their DAILY PRACTICES of CREATIVITY! Thank you for inspiring me to continuing wrestling with my inner critic so that I can experience JOY in sharing my own imaginative work! 

ARTIST FRIEND INSPIRATION.
CALLAHAN AND ME.
As a blogger, I have the immense privilege of choosing those ARTISTS whose work speak to me and interviewing them. In 2013, I got the opportunity to interview two wonderful women: Callahan Pope McDonough (see my blog interview here) and Jes Belkov Gordon (see my blog interview here). I connected with both of these women's passion, energy, and vision! And meaningful friendships are developing. Wow!

CREATIVITY COACH INSPIRATION.
It is with love that I write about Lesly Fredman and the way her intuitive wisdom and guidance  inspired me to grow and take risks.

INTERPLAY INSPIRATION
JENNIFER DENNING
In 2013, I had the good fortune to meet Jennifer Denning, an InterPlay leader living in Atlanta. She has been the foundation for me learning about InterPlay and getting more deeply involved in this wonderful art form. She is kind, gentle, funny, talented, and deep--a perfect person for establishing InterPlay in the Atlanta area and developing a warm InterPlay community, of which I very much want to be a part. Through InterPlay, I have met InterPlay co-founder, Cynthia Winton-Henry and Pittsburgh InterPlayer, Sheila K. Collins. All of these InterPlayers have impacted me profoundly. I now know that I am a RECOVERING SERIOUS PERSON!

MANY OTHERS WHO HAVE INSPIRED ME THIS YEAR! 
MY SISTER-IN-LAW and NIECE

My sister-in-law, who is living in Abu Dhabi, UAE, teaching math and science. Denise Drake, who lives in London and works for equality for all. Jenifer Hilburn, an ornithologist living on the Georgia coast, who is using her hope, creativity, and knowledge to perpetuate life. Cecelia Kane, whose art, ideas, and friendship wows me. My mother who continues to work out at the gym even though she is in her mid-80s because she values her good health. Judy Barber whose spirit is light and joyful and resourceful!

I HAVE BEEN TRANSFORMED IN 2013 (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me who inspired you in 2013.

8 comments:

  1. Yahoooo for such a wealth of support and love filling up your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine! Such a wonderful tribe of warm loving people! So glad you are a part of my tribe!

      Delete
  2. Ruth, You make my life so rich and interesting. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, you are forever making me smile! And there you go again! Thank YOU!

      Delete
  3. It is wonderful to have so many incredible people supporting you and loving you isn't it? Congratulations on your tribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Including you Jennifer! Thank you for giving me the word to apply to this group of people I blogged about here. It is so important to name your tribe--isn't it! Hallelujah!

      Delete
  4. Awww. *blush*
    So honoured to be a part of this list, Ruth.
    You've made my day/year/millennium!
    Thank you so much. xx

    ReplyDelete