Wednesday, December 11, 2013

REVERB13 (DAY #11): Meeting 2014 challenges boldy with daring do, courage, ecstasy!

MEETING 2014 CHALLENGES WITH HOPE.  (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for DARING DO! Hallelujah for meeting challenges in our lives boldly and with joyous courage! Today's REVERB13 (Day #11) prompt from Kat McNally is this:

What challenges lie ahead in 2014? How might you meet them boldly?

A YEAR TO LIVE
The very first 2014 challenge I am taking on with immense curiosity is having an amazing conversation with Cecelia Kane. We are meeting weekly to discuss our lives in the context of ONE YEAR TO LIVE. We have set the end date for our lives: DECEMBER 9, 2014. One of the books that we are consulting to structure our discussion is Stephen Levine's book, A Year to Live.
 

LARGER WORK WITH NEW MEDIA. This pad of paper represent a larger size for me! (Art by Hallelujah Truth, assisted by feline Sapelo)

THE CREATION OF LARGER MORE INVENTIVE WORK
Another direction I have been longing to go is the SIZE of my art work. For several years now, I have been working small on paper, using pen and ink, water colors, watercolor pencils and crayons and acrylics. I have been wanting to go big and try new media. I have never really worked with collage nor textured surfaces and building layers. I think it is TIME to GO BIG and EXPAND MEDIA.

MEETING 2014 CHALLENGES WITH HOPE. This image contains the image of "HOPE" from my American oystercatcher illustrations in my work with Jen Hilburn. The two women represent GREAT MYSTERY to me. These symbols united represent the hope I have in great mystery! (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
DEVELOPING A SUSTAINABLE AND MEANINGFUL WORK LIFE
As 2014 opens and unfolds, I plan on developing and sustaining a coaching business, working to help others achieve their dreams and challenges. At the same time, I will deepen in my understanding of InterPlay through the Life Practice Program, learning incrementally my own Body Wisdom. I will be meeting this particular challenge through PLAY!


HEALTH THROUGH AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT
I am dedicated to listening to my body in 2014 and to experiment playfully with movement to address its needs. I look forward to ongoing movement with the Dancing Flowers, Decatur Dance Church, Five Rhythms and InterPlay. I would also like to work with a body trainer to learn how to use the weights at the gym my husband and I go to in our neighborhood.

ENJOYING AND RELISHING MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH PEOPLE
SOCIAL MEDIA. I commit to relishing the exchanges I have with everyone in my social media realms: the Facebook Group, The Daily Creative Practice; my blog, Coffee with Hallelujah; and through the creation of my website temporarily named RUTH TRUTH ART. 

FACE TO FACE. I will say "YES" often and regularly to BEING with those people that bring me GRACE! Cultivating these relationships will be a priority.

NEW RELATIONSHIPS. I will also welcome NEW people into my life who bring me GRACE. And I will support those who seek my mentorship through my coaching business.
 
SPACIOUSNESS OF BEING AN ESTATIC
FINALLY, I will live my life BIG in the SPACIOUSNESS that I am! I am an ESTATIC and will joyously dance my dance as one. Hallelujah for soulful creativity that enlarges my life! The challenge is to EMBRACE this spaciousness lovingly!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what challenges you are meeting in 2014! How will you do your work?
MEETING 2014 CHALLENGES WITH HOPE AND FELINE COMPANIONSHIP.  (Photo by Chiboogamoo)

4 comments:

  1. Yahooo for living life big in the wonderful spaciousness that you are :) So looking forward to diving into 2014 with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Facing challenges with ecstacy.
    That's YOU.
    Love. x

    ReplyDelete