Saturday, December 14, 2013

REVERB13 (DAY #14): Decided to stop being a glass and to become a lake in 2013--Wheeeeeeee

WhEEEEEEEEEEEE. Easy focus is one decision I made in 2013--to stop being a glass and to become a lake! To support this transformation from being a serious person (a glass) to an increasingly joyful one (lake), I decided to say WhEEEEEEEEEEEE more frequently, releasing displeasure, dissatisfaction, worry to the wider, bigger universe. WhEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for making decisions that make our lives delicious! Hallelujah for being here now deciding for NEW and WIDER NOWS!


WhEEEEEEEEEEEE....
The prompt for Kat McNally's Reverb13 (Day #14) is this:

What was the best decision you made in 2013? What were the results? How will you continue the good work in 2014?

ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS OF 2013
One of the best decisions in 2013 was pursuing my interest in InterPlay that cultivated a prior decision to make this past year one of MOVEMENT (Thanks to the encouragement and support of Lesly Fredman I began dancing!).

The results of MOVING and INTERPLAYING have been for me as vast as the oceans that surround our continents on this beautiful Earth! I danced creatively from the smallness of me-dom to the largesse of infinity-dom! Let me explain this "feeling" using a parable I found in Mark Nepo's The Book of Awakening

HOW DOES IT TASTE?
A Hindu master asks his perpetually dissatisfied apprentice to put a handful of salt in a glass and to drink it. When asked how it tastes, the apprentice responds, "Bitter." The master then takes his apprentice to the lake and has him put a handful of salt into the lake and to drink from the lake. This time when the master asks the apprentice how it tastes, the apprentice responds, "Fresh." (my summary)

The Hindu master teaches his lesson:
"The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains the same, exactly the same. But the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the container we put the pain in. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things....Stop being a glass. Become a lake." --Mark Nepo

 
CONTINUING THE GOOD WORK OF 2013 IN 2014--Becoming a Lake
 Yes! I have taken the "pure salt" of my "pain" and poured it into the lake. I have become the lake, enlarging my way of being, dancing my hurts and fears in community. My presence has unfolded into a loving force of others and I am finding myself healing.

In 2014, I will continue this healing work by cultivating myself using eight principles from InterPlay. These principles provide gentle guidance for having fun in a life that may have become too serious.  Here they are:

InterPlay's Eight Body Wisdom Principles
1. Easy focus--wheeeeeeee
2. Notice, Notice, Notice Body--Data (bits and pieces); Knowledge (patterns); and Wisdom (choices)
3. Internal Authority--You can believe what you notice. You don't have to articulate your experience in order to have it.
4. Physicality of Grace (the opposite of stress)--Notice the good and have more! 
5. Exformation (the opposite of information)--You can move out the excess energy.
 WhEEEEEEEEEEEE....
6. Body Wisdom Practices--To change your life, change your practice.
7. Incrementality--Go the speed of the body, one step at a time. You get out of trouble in tiny steps.
8. Affirmation! Affirmation! Affirmation!--Name the good!
 --source from course handout Secrets of InterPlay (Cynthia Winton-Henry)


In 2014, I am re-dedicating myself to living my life joyfully and courageously. These InterPlay principles will certainly be useful in my artful journey as I dance my way through another year! Hallelujah!


That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and share your decisions for making the evolving now a NOW you want to BE in!
WhEEEEEEEEEEEE....(photo taken of Hallelujah Truth on St. Catherines Island, Georgia, by Tony Martin, November 2013)


9 comments:

  1. I love the way that you have embraced your passions and your interests! Watching you it looks like complete joy and abandon. I cannot wait to see where 2014 takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I'm drawn to that word ABANDON that you use...I like it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Ruth. These eight principles are so very powerful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat these eight principles ARE powerful! I believe you have InterPlay in Melbourne. You might want to check it out!

      Delete
  3. wow ... just simply wow ... I am stunned with the wisdom here.

    and what a wonderful mantra ... be the lake. yes. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Cynthia Lee for visiting my blog and supporting me in my mantra, " Be the Lake!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the parable. I love the truth. I, too, will be the lake!

    XO

    ReplyDelete